Man Utd Flat 4-4-2 (EPL & CL WINNERS 104 GOALS)

RClaybwfc

Reaction score
4-4-2 MAN UNITED CHAMPIONS 104 GOALS & CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS !!

The formation is a flat 4-4-2

quick summary !

I wanted to try and create a tactic based around my favourite ever FOOTBALL MANAGER tactic from 2013 ! an old school 4-4-2,

the defenders DEFEND , the midfield CREATE CHANCES , the forwards SCORE THE GOALS ! simple right ?

View attachment 31904

GK - DEF !

FULL BACKS - AUTO - support & defend

CBS - defend

WINGERS - attack

ADVANCED PLAYMAKER - attack

DLP - Support

ADVANCED FORWARD - attack

Tactical Information & Instructions
View attachment 31900View attachment 31899View attachment 31898

View attachment 31740
View attachment 31740

Narrow in possesion but when on the counter the wingers totally dominate the space left by the opposition and deliver crosses from deep to the advanced forward playing off the last man ! very quick movement all over the pitch and presseing over the whole pitch, suited for fit teams !

NOT TESTED WITH LOWER LEAGUE TEAMS !!

this is the first time i have shared a tactic please feel free to download and test !

View attachment 31895

Last edited:
Tactical Information:
Opposition Instructions:
Training:
Results:

Im gonna give it a try with my Tottenham, im struggling to beat top-A teams like mancity.
Im gonna be happy if i see Kane scoring some, hes useless on my 4231 tactic..
After first match i won 8x0, 42 shots to 6 lol. Not so great possession tactic but ****..

Last edited:
Hey Tried this out with Acf Fiorentina came in in December started using tactic in Feb it took me from 17th to 11th. and won me the Italian cup. my tactic before was 50/50 this one played well and won me games good tactic. i moved to napoli and tactic doesn't suit because of wingers but when i move next if i have the players ill try this again.

Im gonna give it a try with my Tottenham, im struggling to beat top-A teams like mancity.
Im gonna be happy if i see Kane scoring some, hes useless on my 4231 tactic..
After first match i won 8x0, 42 shots to 6 lol. Not so great possession tactic but ****..

glad its worked for you man, seems like it would suit tottenhams team, Kane scoring ??

yeah its not a possesion tactic, works on fast breaks but as youve seen its effective and create so many chances !

Hey Tried this out with Acf Fiorentina came in in December started using tactic in Feb it took me from 17th to 11th. and won me the Italian cup. my tactic before was 50/50 this one played well and won me games good tactic. i moved to napoli and tactic doesn't suit because of wingers but when i move next if i have the players ill try this again.

FIORENTINA - good improvement there, i had Chiesa from january and he was wonderful for this tactic !

Napoli - shame is not worked for them, i had retrained some inside forwards at Man Utd ( martial ) and he ended up doing well as a winger but he has those attributes !

Do the wingers have to be traditional wingers, so Left footed on the left, Right footed on the Right, was looking at trying it with Newcastle, but every wide player of note is left footed

lost every game so far with sheff wed

there is no auto option for full back position when setting an instruction

Good tactic for me.
With some very small tweaks for my players - 2 place in bundesliga with RB Leipzig first season(most time be on the top). In second season - 3rd place in BL and 1/2 CL(beat PSG and Juve in play-offs, lost to Liverpool). Werner scores a lot of goals)
And I like as playing my team, not only cheat corner cick/free cick draws like in some other tactics.

Last edited: