W4NKER

Reaction score
Anyone got a good Beta tactic yet? Ive tried 433, 4231, 4411, 442. Will beat Chelsea 6-2 one week then hammered by WBA the next!

I'll give it a go. Im playing FM Classic but it shouldnt make a difference (I assume)

I wouldn't have thought so, although I haven't been into Classic mode yet, might give it a go at some point.

FMC is alot easier go for a 4-3-1-2 (Asymmetrical 4-2-4, 1 AML/R and 1 ML/R) with little creative freedom and roaming.

W4NKER United have awesome wingers and I've found using Nani and Valencia and focusing passing down the flanks very successful if that helps. I play them both as inside forwards and both scored and assisted a bundle in my first season.

FMC is alot easier go for a 4-3-1-2 (Asymmetrical 4-2-4, 1 AML/R and 1 ML/R) with little creative freedom and roaming.
I'm doing fairly well with a 4-2-4 (AML+AMR) though its with Barca. Two leagues and Super Cups in a row but can crack Europe yet.

Do you mean:

GK
RB CB CB LB
MR MC MC
----------AML
ST ST

?? and vice versa with the other winger

W4NKER United have awesome wingers and I've found using Nani and Valencia and focusing passing down the flanks very successful if that helps. I play them both as inside forwards and both scored and assisted a bundle in my first season.
I'll try the inside forwards. Using 4-2-4 with Winger/Attack. Managed to finish season 20+ unbeaten but the damage was done and finished 1 point behind Spurs. Won FA Cup.

I'll try the inside forwards. Using 4-2-4 with Winger/Attack. Managed to finish season 20+ unbeaten but the damage was done and finished 1 point behind Spurs. Won FA Cup.

Wow really? I only managed to beat Spurs by 1 point to the title in my game, they're ridiculous! Yeah I'd give that a go because I'm now using Neymar and Nani as the Inside forwards and they do some big damage cutting inside.

I'm doing fairly well with a 4-2-4 (AML+AMR) though its with Barca. Two leagues and Super Cups in a row but can crack Europe yet.

Do you mean:

GK
RB CB CB LB
MR MC MC
----------AML
ST ST

?? and vice versa with the other winger

Yes that's exactly what I meant. Asymmetrical formations don't unbalance the teams anywhere near as much this year.

How you guys playing RVP and Rooney?

And for the wingers/fullbacks should i set them there crossing to aim mixed, near or far post?

And if you're in need of a new LB, check out Baines not bad stats especially that 19 crossing.

Last edited:
How you guys playing RVP and Rooney?

And for the wingers/fullbacks should i set them there crossing to aim mixed, near or far post?

And if you're in need of a new LB, check out Baines not bad stats especially that 19 crossing.

You can get Baines pretty easily. £10.75million + Anderson.

I have been using this setup.
Never mind that the screenshot is from FM12.The only difference is that I have unticked the "focus play" and used it as default, not mixed.

1st strategy: A wide Control based approach

This is the main approach. Playing rather attacking and using the width of the pitch to be able to create space and drag those deep sitting and tight defences out of position

Click here to view the original image of 800x440px and 1089KB.
13099408.png

I won the league, had some bad mid season form. Lost in the Champions League Semi final to Barcalona. I've changed the DLP to BWM support when Fletcher or Carrick play there, just starting the 2nd season now.

Peple do seem to like this formation. did you get good stats from the players. was there much rotation of players.

Maybe a good away tatic with 442 attacking for home games?
Yea goals spread among STC, AMC, ML, MR and MC. Use it both home and away. Switch to Overload if drawing/losing in last 10 mins

Back