I won the treble first season(exc. COC)
Won the league with 6 games to spare and won the champions league semifinal first leg 6-0 and in the finals of the FA cup and won the league cup and CWC and shield but lost the super cup using a basic 4-2-3-1 created straight from TC.Just changes made by using shouts.lol.

And as for transfers:
I bought S.Bender,Isco,Gaitan,Rodrigo and my DOF bought Inler.
Though they havent played a lot.
I sold off Scholes,Cleverly,Anderson,Buttner,Evra,Young,Welbeck oh and all of the reserves with less than 2 stars.
And Powell has been on loan both seasons.
Play Perreira amc and Brady amrl(2 star) but does well.

Last edited:
Anyone has some luck with 1 poacher, 2 wingers, 1 amc and 2 midfielders?

Looking for a decent tactic with that one :/ for some reason my backline gets destroyed when i play this

I have the same problem. I can't keep the ball out of my net. In FM12 I used to run a 4231 Control tactic and it was pretty decent on the goal difference even against the big teams. However I've been dropping 2 goal leads in the last ten minutes and going down 2-3 goals in the first half. Beyond parking the bus I can't seem to find a good way to keep the ball out of my net.

I have the same problem. I can't keep the ball out of my net. In FM12 I used to run a 4231 Control tactic and it was pretty decent on the goal difference even against the big teams. However I've been dropping 2 goal leads in the last ten minutes and going down 2-3 goals in the first half. Beyond parking the bus I can't seem to find a good way to keep the ball out of my net.

I scored 100 plus in the league both seasons but this season finding it hard to score.
not conceding has been easy so far.
Just put amrl to mark drl and ask them to NEVER tight mark from the instructions.
Also I used to put the drl to mark the wingers,but not sure how much you need it anymore.

Hi, this is my first post.
I thought a lot about how I want to play with MUFC on FM13. I play the demo, but I think I can get some answers anyway.

At first, I considered playing like i always do on FM - tiki-taka football, varying from 4231 (either with a defensiv midfielder or an AMS) or the classic 41212. However, I do not think this will suit MUFC that much, mostly due to the fact that the wingers (Nani, Young and Valencia), in my opinion, do not fit that well in this style of football. They are more suited for a direct style, allowing them to stay wide, to let them cross.

My plan is therefore to play a more direct style. I want to use both RVP and Rooney as strikers, which leads to a 4222-formation, with two CMs and two wingers, direct passing, zonal marking, and not to high defensive line. I have bought Fellaini (12m + Anderson) and Wellington Nem (just because he was so ******* cheap).
The negative side of this formation is that I won't be able to use Kagawa in his best position. Have you guys had any success playing him as a winger?

Furthermore, I plan on selling either Nani, Valencia or Young (or two of them), in order to bring in a winger/AMS more suited for a tiki-taka style.

Any thoughts about this?

Hi, this is my first post.
I thought a lot about how I want to play with MUFC on FM13. I play the demo, but I think I can get some answers anyway.

At first, I considered playing like i always do on FM - tiki-taka football, varying from 4231 (either with a defensiv midfielder or an AMS) or the classic 41212. However, I do not think this will suit MUFC that much, mostly due to the fact that the wingers (Nani, Young and Valencia), in my opinion, do not fit that well in this style of football. They are more suited for a direct style, allowing them to stay wide, to let them cross.

My plan is therefore to play a more direct style. I want to use both RVP and Rooney as strikers, which leads to a 4222-formation, with two CMs and two wingers, direct passing, zonal marking, and not to high defensive line. I have bought Fellaini (12m + Anderson) and Wellington Nem (just because he was so ******* cheap).
The negative side of this formation is that I won't be able to use Kagawa in his best position. Have you guys had any success playing him as a winger?

Furthermore, I plan on selling either Nani, Valencia or Young (or two of them), in order to bring in a winger/AMS more suited for a tiki-taka style.

Any thoughts about this?
Kagawa,Nani,Valencia are all beasts.
First two have scored 12-15 in both finished season to date and provided similar number of assists.
Valencia is an assist machine on the right or at right back.
I sold Young and as for Kagawa on the wings,he plays well on the left if you have an amc,as he likes to move into channels and gets through balls there.His crossing is ***** but still sometimes gets assists from the wings.So yes you can play him in the wings but its like wasting him,hes so GOOD in the amc role.

Hm, yeah... My problem about using Kagawa as AMC is that it means that either Rooney or RVP have to be on the bench. Or perhaps play as winger. I guess I'll cope with the "problem" by varying my formation a bit :-)

How do you guys cope with having so many strikers? Roo and RVP are world class, Hernandez is good, and Welbz and Henriquez are going to be quality. Which means 5 strikers that all need to play. Haha.

Hm, yeah... My problem about using Kagawa as AMC is that it means that either Rooney or RVP have to be on the bench. Or perhaps play as winger. I guess I'll cope with the "problem" by varying my formation a bit :-)

How do you guys cope with having so many strikers? Roo and RVP are world class, Hernandez is good, and Welbz and Henriquez are going to be quality. Which means 5 strikers that all need to play. Haha.

I play kagawa on the left as advanced playmaker support, trying to get rid of Young.

About the strikers, ive bought Neymar (Can fill the kagawa, RvP (Poacher) and Roo (Deeplying) roles) But Henriquez is quality as a poacher scores more frequently than Welbeck and Chicarito, though since RvP is getting older im not using him that much since hes both injury prone and gets tired quickly!

That sounds like a smart way to use Kagawa, especially with a possession-based football :-) How much did you buy Neymar for?

Sold off Welbeck and Henriquez scored heaps for me too but I have sent him out on load the past 3 seasons to play Hernandez.
RVP gets slow really quickly.So I bought in Damiao as my main striker now,for some reason I dint give Henriquez a chance.Should have.Next season RVP is going to be obsolete so probably then.

And as for how to play everyone.I just click on assistant to pick semi rotated squad every game.And I have asked them to pick the most match fit players from all 3 teams.Also in easy home games,even the league I manually choose the players that have played the least games.Though I get to do this now in my 3rd season since I have 2 players for almost each position other than GK that I can play without thinking too much.

Kagawa is good on the left too.
Neymar is great though,but its just sad he chose Barcelona over me in my save.So Im still using Kagawa.lol.
And probably best selling off buttner and getting someone else.He does not get that good.I sold him to WBA and bought in this Barca regen who has been class.

And since Im here,I needed help with my tactic.
I play the 4-2-3-1 like I said.I tried playing my fullbacks with a wingback duty but they seemed to try and close down opposition fullbacks too much and I was getting scored on by t-balls into the channel as they move.So I put them on fullback support.Its working great for me atm.
But I dont know,initially in my season,I couldnt concede.Like my team wasnt letting anything in.Everything is the same again but for some reason I am conceding one atleast every game.My aim was to concede less than 20 but that seems far fetched now. I just changed marking on my defenders and dm to zonal from man.
What marking do you use on them?
Oh and a quick tip,if you want to play the wingbacks,then get your wingers to track back with fullbacks via specific marking so that fullbacks dont get drawn out.

And oh,I play a dm and dlp support in my dm.For some reason,my dms fall back right upto my cbs and provide heaps of space for the opposition midfielders.They have full closing down and pretty high mentality.As set by the TC.Help appreciated as to how I can stop them doing this.

Last edited:
As a rule, I use zonal marking when I am playing a more direct style, and man marking with possession play. I believe man marking is essential when you are having a high defensive line.

Do you mean that you do not play with any central defenders? Like this:
goalie
rb-cb-cb-lb
dm-dm
(this is the line where cm would be)
winger-amc-winger
striker

As a rule, I use zonal marking when I am playing a more direct style, and man marking with possession play. I believe man marking is essential when you are having a high defensive line.

Do you mean that you do not play with any central defenders? Like this:
goalie
rb-cb-cb-lb
dm-dm
(this is the line where cm would be)
winger-amc-winger
striker

na you got it right,play with cbs.
I took off the shout play wider and played two games after i spoke to you.
got clean sheets and no chances conceded in both.against two very strong opposiiton Chelsea and a much changed Porto.
But were home games,so I will update you on how that goes.

I have been using this setup.
Never mind that the screenshot is from FM12.The only difference is that I have unticked the "focus play" and used it as default, not mixed.

1st strategy: A wide Control based approach

This is the main approach. Playing rather attacking and using the width of the pitch to be able to create space and drag those deep sitting and tight defences out of position

Click here to view the original image of 800x440px and 1089KB.
13099408.png

Ive just used the tactic above with Rangers and its worked a treat (although i do understand Rangers should walk the league anyway)

View attachment 280581View attachment 280582

Can anyone suggest any tactics from this forum or si that works well with man utd? Not too bothered about defensive tactics just want something that will score alot of goals.

Thanks.

Can anyone suggest any tactics from this forum or si that works well with man utd? Not too bothered about defensive tactics just want something that will score alot of goals.

Thanks.

Im playing United and scoring heaps at home,away we create but dont score.Maybe I need to create more and I have had a clean sheet at home for the past 10-12 home games.But away they always get a goal somehow.One chance one goal.
I can still give it to you and you could have a go and maybe figure out why it underperforms away.

View attachment 279414

That's the way I've set up in most matches, won all but one game in the league out of 8.

I've started off my first season rather well mostly with this formation, managed to take care of Chelsea at Stamford bridge 3-2 (sound familiar? heh) and had my way with Arsenal 5 nil! However, I seem to really struggle using this formation in European competitions - really terrible with possession so I drop back to a 4-4-1-1 which works a bit better for me.

On a side note, RVP and Rooney together are unbelievable combination :D

Last edited:
Back