Man Utd lose Fletcher to injury

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher faces six weeks out because of a knee injury.

More...

Shame, lucky he's not one of our bigger stars though he probably would have played some part in the run-in. Stupid friendlies

At the end of the day, international friendles have got to be played for there to be any impotus(sp?) on international football. All I hear about is Ferguson ******** about internationals when players get injured.

Yeah they do, but more sensible time periods should be set aside for them. Like if they want frinedlies at this stupid time of year, extend domestic seasons a week or two and play two or three games in the space of 10 days or something; or do that in december or at the end of the season

off topic it does my head in over xmas teams have 3 matchs in a week or something and then in feb or march time some teams have 3 weeks off, i think the matches can be better spread

we had a WCQ against China - Australia that is, we had about 9 first teamers out "injured"....and we managed to scrape a draw a good result in the circumstances caue we lost basically the only striker we had archie thompson in the first ten minutes (cause josh kennedy, scott mcdonald, stejovski and bruce djite (all injured), viduka (international future undecided) were out...would so rather have these games played after all the nitty gritty of season is over.