Man Utd make new Hargreaves bid

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Man Utd have made a fresh offer for Owen Hargreaves, the Bayern Munich midfielder tells BBC Sport.

More...

Wow, 20m is a **** of a lot for a defensive midfielder, and one who wont play every game. Then again, if it means we win the league and FA cup (comps that he will play in) then I'd say its worth it. And i spose it will keep Carrick and Scholes fresher for the CL...duno whether Bayern will accept it though

I like the guy, because i am fickle.

£20m is another example of a stupidly high price being paid for an Englishman.

Sean hates the guy, a big Canadian mongloid he said.

Last edited:
How Owen is worth 20m is beyond me. From what ive seen of him his ****, then he played 3-4 decent games for England and is suddenly worth 20m, he wasnt even that great for England just no one had expectations for him and everyone else was that bad.

...and everyone else was that bad.

Yeh only reason he looked any good for us was because pretty much every other player was wank. Especially the midfielders (lampard, gerrard, beckham).

Although the 20m price tag is because he's English, although hes not at an English club...he must have been doing something right for Bayern for them to want to keep him so bad

my mates a bayern fan and he really rates him and doesnt want him to leave

I'd never really seen him play before the world cup, only in the England games as like a 10-20 min sub when he could never get in the game. I quite like him after his performances for England in WC, yeah 20m is a bit much but if we are going to pay it then fair enough, im sure he'll be worth it in the end...hopefully.:D