liamboyall7

Reaction score
As the shock news of Sir Alex Fergusons retirement from the game sends shockwaves around the globe it has been rumoured United have already lined a possible replacement up.

Young and inexperienced manager Liam Boyall has been given the responcibility of one of the biggest jobs in the world. In a short but sweet introduction at the clubs training ground Boyall had the following to say ... "I am delighted and honoured to be trusted with the post, and hope I can deliver for the clubs sake".

When questioned on his transfer policy Boyall gave a startling answer " I have 100% trust within the clubs coaching, scouting and youth system set-up and so will only use players currently at the club and players brought through our ranks".

As many fans and pundits are questioning such approach it will only be a matter of time to see whether Boyall will stick to his guns or be forced to sign players.​

im currently doing the same type of challenge with youth only but with Wrexham

Good luck man. I was going to do exactly the same challenge with United, but you beat me to it. You could take away a lot of United's money in the Editor to make it more realistic, or get the FA to impose a loooooong transfer ban on United (not sure how to do this). Otherwise, Ferguson just leaving and an unknown manager coming in is a bit of a shock.

Anyway, should get really hard after the first 3, 4 seasons, you'll probably have to play your youngsters in the Carling Cup/ FA Cup?

I'm doing a similar thing at the moment, however it's because I'm bored of my save at the moment (2021), so I've limited myself to one player bought per season, and bring the rest through in youth. Good luck :)

Remember to improve junior coaching at the start to improve your intakes.

January Update

View attachment 246517
View attachment 246524

All is going well so far, only one loss in the league against Swansea and another against Ajax, other than that unbeaten. Really Impressed with some of the younger players in the squad, namely, Welbeck and Cleverley. Both have became established first team players. Sticking with Ferdinand and Vidic for the first season as both CB's. But the biggest surprise has to be Anderson. Never been a fan of his but keeping Giggs, Scholes and Carrick out of the team.

This is my first team selection.
View attachment 246518
Apart from the league cup, where I play a blend of bench players i.e. Carrick and Berbatov with the youth like Fabio,Rafael, Pogba and Will Keane.

Rooney is the standout player in terms of goals. Impressed with Berbatovs return but most are in the league cup. Hernandez and Welbeck are neck and neck but both are first team players for years to come.
View attachment 246519

Plans for the future:

Tutoring:
Rooney & Welbeck
Scholes & Pogba
Giggs & Barmby
Ferdinand & Jones

Welbeck is showing great progress with his goal return especially with a brace vs City when large part of game we were on the back foot. Pogba still needs time but showing the potential in midfield.

For the rest of the season I intend to use my current team apart from the league cup. But for the second season I want to implement the Da Silva brothers more as well as Smalling and Jones. De Gea is already the established number 1 keeper with conceding very little.

Managers most improved player in the first 6 months : Danny Welbeck
Managers best player in the first 6 months: Wayne Rooney

Been drawn with Sunderland in the LC semis with some great experience available for the youngsters. And got LOSC in the CL first knock out stage. Hoping to win 3 trophies this season; PL, LC and the FA cup.

Next update: March

Tutoring Ferdinand with Jones will only decrease Jones determination, teamwork and work rate so you should cancel it as soon as possible

You should be able to redeem most of the attributes by using Vidic to tutor him.

Boyall celebrates the double!!

View attachment 246735

In only his first as the United boss Boyall has completed what many see has a magnificent double. Winning the league and the FA cup are a rarity in recent years and it took a special manager to complete this. Seen as a risky appointment by fans and pundits alike at the start of the season, Boyall has proved his critics wrong and in the most remarkarble way. In a short statement Boyall had this to say:

"Its been a fantastic season for not just me and the players but for the fans too. I am just glad that I have been able to bring success to this magnificent club, and gave the fans what they deserve!"

Itseems that many people fans and pundits are all jumping on the Boyall bandwagon which looks like it will never be stopped.

View attachment 246744

@rioferdy5 : What a season, buzzing right now, bring on pre-season!!@themichaelowen : Delighted with the double!

Managers Season Review:

Its been a great season as a whole, only 5 defeats in the whole campaign and only 3 or 4 draws.
Winning the cup and league double is a great achievement, only just lost the Carling Cup 1-0 to Stoke and a bizzare result against Barcelona in the CL where injuries and decisions didnt go our way.

Managed to pursuade the board to increase the stadium capacity to try and gather some more income to stop the massive losses every month due to loans.

Managers player of the season : Wayne Rooney ...
Been a great season for Wayne, scoring 43 goals in 36 appearances, 21 assists and 16 MoM awards. In contention to win European player of the year as well as League player of the year too.
Managers young player of the year : Tom Cleverley
Impressed with Cleverley, origanally wasnt in the starting 11 but forced his way into the squad with consistent performances. 8 goals, 16 assists and 2 MoM awards to his first full competetive season.
Managers most improved player of the year: Danny Welbeck
Was originally going to loan him out at the start of the campaign but so glad I didnt, 29 goals in 50 apps, 20 assists and 5 MoM awards!View attachment 246786View attachment 246790View attachment 246791
View attachment 246792

Plans for the future! :

Defence:
Pleasedwith the defence as a unit this season, conceded only 18 in the league. De Gea is my number one for the next 10-15 years hopefully. Ferdinand now seems to be losing his fitness and so will have to bring either Smalling or Jones as the new CB. Vidic is 30/31 and so may cash in on him next season but will continue as my CB for the new season. Evra is another one at 30/31 and so will once again keep him for another season and cash in, allowing Fabio to replace him.
Midfield:
Fletcher, Anderson and Cleverley have been immence for me this season and are establsihed first teamers. Apart from them being injury prone there is no reason to change them. I have got Jones for cover as defensive mid and Pogba for centre mid. Giggs, Scholes, Park and Valencia are all capable of playing central midfield and so got plenty of cover for them. Aim is to get Pogba more involved and more experience this season, so he can challenge for 1st team ina year or two.
Attack:
Between Hernandez, Welbeck, Rooney and Berbatov they have achieved to score 152 goals a magnificant return. Hernandez, Rooney and Welbeck are my primary strikers and Rooney being the oldest at 26 have got a good 6-8 years of them all yet and so no worries for a new striker. Berba is more than capable of scoring with 43 goals last term and is a very good tutor. From my youth I only really have Will Keane but is showing great potential in the cup this year so maybe one to keep an eye on.
Youth Intake:
Dissapointed with the intake I got this March, mainly keepers and defenders. Only two of them stand out. One being a keeper with great potential and the other a centre back who with work could challenege first team in a few years.
View attachment 246793View attachment 246794

Next Season:

Aims for next season are to primary win the league again and to reach the last for of the CL. With the domestic cups being a bonus.

Next Update: Pre-season

Pre-season Update

Had a good pre-season notching up numerous wins, one draw and a defeat. About 5/6 players atteneded the Olympics and so reported back tired.
View attachment 246886

Danny Welbeck came back injured from the Euros and so should be back in time for the first game, and then its a matter of time to regain his fitness. Hernandez managed to tear his calf muscle during pre-season and so will be out for around 2 months.

Still no transfers made, negotiated a bid for Vidic to £33 million but Madrid pulled out, I would of let him go for that as he is 31 after all.
View attachment 246887

But impressed with Macheda, forgot all about him until he arrived back from being on loan. Scored once in the 4-0 drubbing of Man City in the Charity Shield. Believe with first team action while Hernandez is out he could prove to be a real gem and maybe offload him for about £10 mill.

Next update: January

Are you going for straight from academy youngsters or Homegrown talent?

Think first few seasons will be a fairly easy challenge, no doubt it's a challenge but the real challenge will come when most of your players retire. Why did you want to sell Vidic if you're not going to bring anyone in?

Make sure you search for the best youth coaches around and always look to see if you can upgrade your youth facilities.

Vidic is nearly 31 and got cover, but they offered neqrly 30mil so may aswell make a profit

How do you get so much money for players? I can only ever sell them for their value or most of the time even less than that