Man Utd - Right Back (3rd season)

MarkEmbz

Reaction score
I'm looking for a solid right back for my man utd team. I've got 10 million to spend but cant find a suitable player.
I've let Smalling and Valencia go this summer and Rafael left the year before. The only options I currently have are Phil Jones, Fabio and Varela.

Is there anyone better that I could bring in?

well, phil jones can be a best in the world type player at RB, but if he has been playing elsewhere for the first three seasons, it might be too late for him to be THAT good, he is still more than enough to win a PL title at RB.

frankly, you dont have enough money to find someone suitable though. I would play Jones at RB and spend that money on a RB regen for the future. Let jones play RB for a season or two and by then the regen will be ready to contribute.

Argentina has the most PL ready regens available for cheap, imo.

What about abate/coleman/marcos rocha/nyom? Abate would be my number one out of them mind you.

Nathaniel Clyne Is a solid bet. He averages over 7 in my Southampton save and can also play on the left. Plus he has the advantage of being home grown.

However if I were you I would look to see if you have any dead wood you can rid yourself of to raise funds, or wait until you have the money to purchase Gino Peruzzi. He is probably no longer at Catania, but trust me he is THE best at right back, and will serve you well there good a good six seasons.

My choices would be (in this order) if they were available:
1. Peruzzi (downside: he is pretty expensive)
2. Danilo
3. Clyne (attributes aren't mind blowing, but his PPM's are pretty spot on)

My choices would be (in this order) if they were available:
1. Peruzzi (downside: he is pretty expensive)
2. Danilo
3. Clyne (attributes aren't mind blowing, but his PPM's are pretty spot on)
Agreed. Good choices. I would also add that Wallace can be a really solid player. I added him for cheap -- Bought him for 5.75m in Season 4 and he was worth every penny! He has the added bonus that he can play wingback at a high level if needed! Your best in-house option is Phil Jones. But he is too talented just to play RB. Move him around as needed!

Matt Lowton or S.Coleman are very good and become internationals scout reports may only be like 2.5/3 stars but they average over 7.5 a season. United just signed coleman in 2017 in my save for ?4.3m

Corchia for sure! cheaper than Peruzzi and plays the same!

Just wondering why you even contemplated selling Rafael... Best wing back on the game IMO. (I'm rejecting ?45m bids per summer for him)

Clyne, Chambers, Perruzi, Corchia. Probably get Van Der Wiel on the cheap too if you're pushed for cash.

its a shame your in 3rd season, Guillermo Varela needs game time and becomes a solid FB same with Micheal keane, most of the united youngsters turn out solid tbh!!!