Man Utd rule out bid to sign Cole

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United rule out a summer move for England international Joe Cole, BBC Sport understands.

More...

Hope we sign him anyway, he's the exact sort of player that we need. A creative midfielder capable of scoring goals, setting them up and unlocking defences. Will be gutted if our title rivals sign him.

Why would they put it on their website one day and then rule it out the next oO)

Because on their website it was in the Transfer Rumours section.

Dont understand this what so ever, Joe Cole is just the type of attacktive player we need to boost are bid to get our trophy back next season. We wont find a better player for FREE let alone having to pay over the price sums of money. Only thing i can think of is that Sir Alex must have someone else lined up in the position. David Silva maybe?

We'll take him if he'll accept <£60,000 p/w.

We'll take him if he'll accept <£10,000 p/w...

;)

We'll take him if he'll accept <£60,000 p/w.

According to a few sources (just humping up on what Ryan said above) he wouldn't accept anything below £100K for a new contract, but was happy to see £80K in front of him at Arsenal.

If this is true, then it can only mean he wants to sign for one of two teams - Arsenal or Tottenham.

Your choice, Joe..

Come on Sir Alex the team we have no has no chance of winning the league because Chelsea will strengthen this summer, We need a good attacking midfielder and play 5 in midfield,

VDS
O'Shea/Rafeal Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Valencia Hagreaves Fletcher Nani

J.Cole

Rooney

did the same thing happen with Owen last summer?

At it again Fergie

I wouldn't take him for £80,000.

He's a great player, but I wouldn't want to trash our wage policy for anyone. Everyone in our team currently earns less than that, and most of them by a significant distance.

did the same thing happen with Owen last summer?

At it again Fergie

No there was just no indication we would sign him until the day before when he turned up for a medical.

No there was just no indication we would sign him until the day before when he turned up for a medical.

You joking right, i read numerous Paper "rumours" saying fergie wanted him, time and time again. but i am sure they where dismissed as rumours.

Hang on, all these Joe Cole rumous aswell.

I think it says it all that Chelsea wont pay him £100,000 p/w. Clearly the Premier League clubs dont rate him as highly as he rates himself. Can see him ending up in Spain instead.

I wouldn't take him for £80,000.

He's a great player, but I wouldn't want to trash our wage policy for anyone. Everyone in our team currently earns less than that, and most of them by a significant distance.

Modric earns less than 80,000 ? :O

Back