Man Utd Taken Over By Qatari Owners?!?!

ecfc2810

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9G4wp6al4"]YouTube - Man Utd Being Taken Over By Qatari Owners?!?![/ame]

Manchester United's owners, the Glazer family, are on the verge of selling the club to Qatar Holdings in a £1.6 billion deal, according to the Daily Express.

The newspaper reports that United's American owners are "only haggling over details" as they close in on a deal worth more than double the £790 million they paid for the club in 2005.

United are preparing to take on cash-rich neighbours Manchester City on Saturday, who are themselves owned by a wealthy Middle Eastern backer in Abu Dhabi's Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, but it is believed the Manchester derby could be the last at Old Trafford under the Glazer regime.

The unpopular Americans have been at United for less than six years, and in that time have faced mass protests against their stewardship, with fans concerned that the debt-laden structure of their ownership puts the long-term future of the club at risk.

The Daily Express claims that the Glazers had been holding out for an offer of closer to £2 billion, but have accepted the £1.6 billion bid, up from an initial £1.5 billion, with a "well-placed" source quoted as saying: "The deal is pretty much done and they are only haggling over details".

Despite the claims that Qatar Holdings, the investment branch of the Qatari royal family led by the Gulf state's Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, is nearing a takeover deal, United have continued to deny that the Glazers have been entertaining any bids.

And on Thursday, United's director of communications Phil Townsend maintained that no offer has been made. "There has been no approach to buy Manchester United and no approach would be welcome", he told the Daily Express.

Qatar Holdings already boasts a portfolio of assets in England that includes London's American Embassy and upmarket department store Harrods, which it purchased from Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed last year.

United have rejected the claims...

Man Utd denied this. This is a no story. Was on SSN earlier

1 already a thread
2 wrong place
3 its not true

It's been rejected by a club spokesman and it seems to be bs but this rumour keeps on resurfacing over the past few months. Hopefully the Glazers leave soon but I expect them to still be at the club for many years to come.

I would be for a take over but on the bases that we could clear the debt we have, plus to any new owners to not get involved with the team affairs. Let the master SAF handle that which is one thing I can credit the glazers on. It would be good to be more competitive in the Market but not to the extent of a whole new squad as we have a number of promising youngsters coming through and I would like them to be given a chance but won't turn down a 30 mill player here or there ;) no one to directly to replace existing players but to add more competition within the squad

I would be for a take over but on the bases that we could clear the debt we have, plus to any new owners to not get involved with the team affairs. Let the master SAF handle that which is one thing I can credit the glazers on. It would be good to be more competitive in the Market but not to the extent of a whole new squad as we have a number of promising youngsters coming through and I would like them to be given a chance but won't turn down a 30 mill player here or there ;) no one to directly to replace existing players but to add more competition within the squad

United could buy a £30 mil player if they wanted to anyway I reckon. SAF just chose not to buy anyway as he feels it isn't needed. Personally think the only position needing really strengthened is our AM position and maybe a defender as cover for Rio.

Don't see why this thread was even created considering the OP even say's its been denied so why even post really ?

United could buy a £30 mil player if they wanted to anyway I reckon. SAF just chose not to buy anyway as he feels it isn't needed. Personally think the only position needing really strengthened is our AM position and maybe a defender as cover for Rio.

Don't see why this thread was even created considering the OP even say's its been denied so why even post really ?

I do agree with you in parts but like most people would wonder where the money would come from. I'm sure the money that could be spent on a player would rather go to paying off the debts. For example the ronaldo money. Yes we have invested some of it in Hernandez and smallings but as you said we have areas in the team which do need sorting for example goal keeper and am as you also said.

The 30 mill player was just an example really. I mean you only pay that sort of figures for supposedly good players unless there English lol. Really my theory is just that I would like the debt to be cleared and that then we have financial stability. I don't want us to become the new man city or chelsea a few years back.

Yeah I agree I mean everyone wants the club to be bought over a debt free. Personally would love if the Red Knights were successful. I would only want the club to be bought over by the right people who have Manchester United at interest and not just making money.

Man Utd have denied the claim, althought there are strong links to believe they are its not at the moment.

But there is rumours by the end of the season we could be bought out, which i hope as this debt is crippling us as a club as ferguson is given money every transfer window but he aint buying becasue he knows how much debt there is, but he dont wanna break the news to the fans. But then again, united always pull out the goods and hopefully if we win cups this year, qutari will increase there bid and glazers will have to accept, as our club does need rescuing but as long as ferguson is manager what happens on the pitch in the 90 mins every week stays the same and we keep performing the best and win cups as we do every season!!!

UNITED!!!!!!!, GET GLAZERS OUT - - A purchsior of the anti galzer scar (gold and green) :D :D love that scarf! <3