• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea says he would not feel the pressure of a high transfer fee if he were to join Manchester United.

More...

has been class so at u21's not like he has had to much to do apart from pass across the defence

That's like telling a lesbian that you have a huge *****.

Completely irrelevant.

now you tell me.....
Still not sure if he will be able to handle the pressure but I guess we'll soon find out (if he signs of course!)

Why should he be, he isent paying any money. I have my doubts but we will have to wait and see.

I'd like to believe he'll fall short of his potential, but I do believe he'll come good. If he does, and the four young defenders in front of him: Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Fabio, also reach their speculated potential, then United's defence is likely to be difficult to breach for a long time to come yet.

I'd like to believe he'll fall short of his potential, but I do believe he'll come good. If he does, and the four young defenders in front of him: Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Fabio, also reach their speculated potential, then United's defence is likely to be difficult to breach for a long time to come yet.
dont forget Evans :) id say hes as good as smalling at least :)

I thought he played very well when rio/vidic were injured or suspended

He was rubbish this season... That's me being kind.

Why should he be, he isent paying any money. I have my doubts but we will have to wait and see.

REALLY? Are you that naive? It's not about him paying money, it's about having a big transfer fee attached to him, and therefore Man Utd fans (and the world) expecting him to show why Man Utd paid that much money for him. = More pressure to perform, and more attention if he flops.

He was rubbish this season... That's me being kind.

REALLY? Are you that naive? It's not about him paying money, it's about having a big transfer fee attached to him, and therefore Man Utd fans (and the world) expecting him to show why Man Utd paid that much money for him. = More pressure to perform, and more attention if he flops.

But if he is confident in his own ability then the fee shouldnt matter.

But if he is confident in his own ability then the fee shouldnt matter.

But you saying "Why should he be [worried]... He didn't pay any money" is completely irrelevant to the title. It's precisely the opposite - him being valued at such a high price by Man Utd is what's putting the pressure on him.

And we don't know how confident he will be in his own ability. It's easy saying you're unfazed, but with 70,000 expectant fans surrounding you in the stadium, it could easily be a different story. I'm not saying he'll flop, just that there's obviously a lot of pressure because they paid so much.

But you saying "Why should he be [worried]... He didn't pay any money" is completely irrelevant to the title. It's precisely the opposite - him being valued at such a high price by Man Utd is what's putting the pressure on him.

And we don't know how confident he will be in his own ability. It's easy saying you're unfazed, but with 70,000 expectant fans surrounding you in the stadium, it could easily be a different story. I'm not saying he'll flop, just that there's obviously a lot of pressure because they paid so much.

£18m is nothing nowadays. ;)

Still quite a lot for a GK. And a 20 year old one at that.

Not particularly, when he is an incredibly talented and highly rated keeper at a side who dont need to sell 18m isnt that bad.

He's already played under pressure at Atletico, and with the likes of Rio and Vidic in front of him, im confident he will rise to expectations

Back