Man Utd target unfazed by big fee

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K
Not particularly, when he is an incredibly talented and highly rated keeper at a side who dont need to sell 18m isnt that bad.

He's already played under pressure at Atletico, and with the likes of Rio and Vidic in front of him, im confident he will rise to expectations

I'm not saying you've over-payed, necessarily but what GKs have gone for more than that? Buffon went for £30-odd million, Cech only went for £7M etc.

I was merely pointing out that CJACKO's point was pretty irrelevant since he wouldn't be paying any of it himself anyway...

Also - playing at At. Madrid and playing at Utd is clearly different. They're not expecting trophies every year, they don't have a 75,000 capacity stadium, they didn't pay £20m to get him, etc.

I'm not saying you've over-payed, necessarily but what GKs have gone for more than that? Buffon went for £30-odd million, Cech only went for £7M etc.

I was merely pointing out that CJACKO's point was pretty irrelevant since he wouldn't be paying any of it himself anyway...

Also - playing at At. Madrid and playing at Utd is clearly different. They're not expecting trophies every year, they don't have a 75,000 capacity stadium, they didn't pay £20m to get him, etc.

Again there is still pressure at atletico, incredibly demanding and volatile fans who are quick to turn on players. Like i said, he is confident in himself, and will have a such a good support, i'm confident in his ability to rise to it. He carried himself very well when the club were under pressure to get results

It doesnt matter what other keepers went for, you have to look at the circumstances of the transfer itself, different conditions exist.

for the record Buffon went for 30m back then, thats about 37-38m now

Haha I think you'll find evra was far worse, I've never seen such awfully timed tackles and that scissor kick was disgusting

No, Evans was horrid this season. But what some football fans probably won't realise is that Evans had some injury set backs recently and lost his confidence, he said in an interview how he's really tried working on his game recently, hopefully he'll get back to the promising signs he showed a few seasons ago. Evra also had a "meh" season, but he wasn't exactly "bad"

Back on topic, De Gea for me will either turn out to be one of those goalkeepers you just do NOT want to face or he'll find it hard to adjust to the Premierleague. But it is mouth watering thinking of De Gea behind Rafael, Jones, Smalling and Fabio.

Back