Man Utd to reveal Rooney verdict

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will reveal the extent of Wayne Rooney's ankle injury on Friday.

More...

I hoped he will be back after the match with us, but it seems that won't happen. :(

I got a sneaky feeling he is alright. Just badly bruise. i think he might play in saturday and fergie is just making chelsea sweat on it

The world waits with anticipation. As long as he is alright for the world cup thats all im worried about.

I hope he misses the world cup. England? Who does actually follow them. A load of **** if you ask me.

scans reveal that wayne rooney has suffered only minor ligament damage but unite havent said how long he will be out for.

I hope they come out and say 9 months :) Make all the England fans **** scared, then reveal it as an April's Fools. (6)

Breaking News!!!

England striker Wayne Rooney should be fit in time for the World Cup after Manchester United confirmed he had suffered only "minor" ligament damage. A club statement said: "We're pleased to report that Wayne has not suffered a fracture (to his ankle). The scan revealed only minor ligament damage."
It is not yet known how many games the striker will miss for United.
His manager Sir Alex Ferguson will give a further update on Rooney's condition on Friday at 0930 BST.

Source: BBC Sport

this has killed his chances of beating Ronaldo's 42 goals record. :'( Berba should man up & lead the team to glory

agreed mate.... time to step up and be counted for Berba, you are the main man now so please step up and show your worth to the squad

rooney can still beat ronaldo's record just another 8 goals needed to match it and 9 to beat it still possible berbatov doesn't fit in at man utd but shines when he is called on

berbatov proved his class way to bolton last weekend when rooney wasnt playing, berba ran the line very well up top on his own and scored to show for his efforts... hopefully with the right blend of pace and flair on the wings to provide, berba can shut chelsea fans up and bag a goal or two saturday

berbatov proved his class way to bolton last weekend when rooney wasnt playing, berba ran the line very well up top on his own and scored to show for his efforts... hopefully with the right blend of pace and flair on the wings to provide, berba can shut chelsea fans up and bag a goal or two saturday

100% agree with you if we win against chelsea the title is our surely?

100% agree with you if we win against chelsea the title is our surely?

i wouldn't suggest that if we win the title is ours, not with tricky away games to blackburn and manchester city to come but a win will certainly i think put us in a good place for the title.

and with the news that Drogba might be out of Saturday as well, it evens the game up a bit i think

He will be fine. he wont play saturday now. but will be on the bench for bayern. He is young, fit and got the hunger to play. he s superman. he be back for tuesday.

Don't think so Scott. I think it's legitimately an injury. Hopefully he isn't out for the full 4 weeks otherwise he only comes back for the 2nd last game of the season, which is after all of the more difficult games we have left including the Semi's (if we get there).

Back