Man Utd wait on Rooney ankle scan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United and England fans wait to hear the extent of an ankle injury suffered by striker Wayne Rooney in Tuesday's 2-1 defeat by Bayern Munich.

More...

It had to happen with the World Cup around the corner. Just hope it is not serious.

Sprained ankle, out between two to four weeks! not good news for United fans but if there was ever a time for the other players to pull together and prove to the doubters that we are a one man team wrong.

If he's fit for the run in to the end of the season then I'll be happy. Hopefully he gets injured in training before the first WC game, then I will be delighted because England don't seem to be the same team without him

If he's fit for the run in to the end of the season then I'll be happy. Hopefully he gets injured in training before the first WC game, then I will be delighted because England don't seem to be the same team without him

Why don't you want England to do well in the WC?

Oh, thats right, your a Man Utd fan, so I guess your not English.

thats crazy talk! i would rather United wrap him in cotton before the world cup so England have him fit for the whole world cup! united have enough decent players to win games without rooney

I've never been so worried about a United player.. He can be out for a few weeks as long as he's fully fit for the World Cup :D

Why don't you want England to do well in the WC?

Oh, thats right, your a Man Utd fan, so I guess your not English.

LOL I love it XD

Don't worry about Wayne Rooney - Wales for the World Cup.

2022 XD

Jabo Ibehre is immense!

i beg to differ, we had him on load down at Southend United for a month and to say the guy did nothing at all would be to kind lol

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

reading various fan forums (chelsea, arsenal etc) and its amazing how every one seems to think thats United now out of the title race because or waynes injury and that chelsea are going to roll us over on saturday LMAO

reading various fan forums (chelsea, arsenal etc) and its amazing how every one seems to think thats United now out of the title race because or waynes injury and that chelsea are going to roll us over on saturday LMAO

They have a point though... United have relied on Rooney so much this year it wouldn't surprise me if you lose it in the next few games.

They have a point though... United have relied on Rooney so much this year it wouldn't surprise me if you lose it in the next few games.

I agree we have but we are not a one man team and can beat anyone with out without Rooney. As much as this injury puts a downer on things, just means the likes of Berbatov HAVE to play up now and prove hes worth to the team

Owen is out for the season with a hamstring injury.
Berbatov with Macheda :|
Probably end up playing Giggs up front or just off Berba

Owen is out for the season with a hamstring injury.
Berbatov with Macheda :|
Probably end up playing Giggs up front or just off Berba

macheda will be used as an impace sub i should think, possible berbatov up top on his own with two wide attackers (just like we have been playing away from home this season)

For an England point of view im annoyed, BUT...

From a Tottenham point of view im delighted as **** be out of our game :D

Back