jord2009

Reaction score
Im starting yet another united save!!! But I am going to get rid of the dead wood and use the young players and buy better players but im lookin for good cheap young players!! im thinkin of selling Rooney I know its high treason I think hes our best player but RVP is a god up top & rooney has never really done it for me in the AMC im thinking of barkley or januzaj as his replacement straight away!!

I sold rooney second season, just never played well in my save in 30 games 1 goal and only 4 assists alternating AMC/ST positions so i sold him for 50mil to chelsea and he was on 210k a week and done just as bad for them lol. Januzaj though is a god in fm14 you should defo use him first season dont loan him out as he loses PA.

View attachment 432026

If you're looking to keep Rooney and get the best out of him, I use this formation. It gets the best out of himimo. Best player in Europe last season, his future lies there. Doesn't look to me like a striker anymore lulz.

I agree with Bigxpz, January is a demon. Playing him on the left wing and he plays out of his skin.

You can get Eder Alvarez Balanta? Is that how you spell it? for around 9m
I'm sure Doria is cheap as well
Samuel Umitit (LOL) He goes for around 6.5M too

Personally, I would edit your funds at the start, because it's gonna be an impossible challenge to sell everyone and make a profit enough to buy a brand new squad and the effort of potentially losing games because of the never-filling-up match preparation seems too much effort. I'm sure you start with 30m? I'd make it 50 or 60 - considering the Glazers are promising Moyes an ultimate war chest. Seems realistic.

http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/best-fm-2014-cheap-players - A good list of potentials here. Sorry I couldn't have been more help, bro.

View attachment 472448

If you're looking to keep Rooney and get the best out of him, I use this formation. It gets the best out of himimo. Best player in Europe last season, his future lies there. Doesn't look to me like a striker anymore lulz.

I agree with Bigxpz, January is a demon. Playing him on the left wing and he plays out of his skin.

You can get Eder Alvarez Balanta? Is that how you spell it? for around 9m
I'm sure Doria is cheap as well
Samuel Umitit (LOL) He goes for around 6.5M too

Personally, I would edit your funds at the start, because it's gonna be an impossible challenge to sell everyone and make a profit enough to buy a brand new squad and the effort of potentially losing games because of the never-filling-up match preparation seems too much effort. I'm sure you start with 30m? I'd make it 50 or 60 - considering the Glazers are promising Moyes an ultimate war chest. Seems realistic.

Best FM 2014 Cheap Players - A good list of potentials here. Sorry I couldn't have been more help, bro.

well so far ive sold vidic Valencia swapped Rafael for gundogan and bought sneijder and kyle walker..... ive also sold Anderson cleverly using januzaj... lookin to swap rooney for fabregas or pogba but at the minute they aren't having much of it atm

Never mind ive swapped rooney for fabregas and 30 million I know your thinking bad choice but wow my midfield fm ability wise is awesome Fellaini fletcher both my hard tacklers carrick my quarterback gundogan fabregas and kagawa my flair and creativity and zaha and januzaj my unpredictable wonderkids...... then up top rvp hernandez and welbeck..... best opening transfers ive made without editing my budget!! first game 4-1 win second game 3-0 win fabregas on as a sub on his debut 1 goal 1 assist playing as a trequestra

Never mind ive swapped rooney for fabregas and 30 million I know your thinking bad choice but wow my midfield fm ability wise is awesome Fellaini fletcher both my hard tacklers carrick my quarterback gundogan fabregas and kagawa my flair and creativity and zaha and januzaj my unpredictable wonderkids...... then up top rvp hernandez and welbeck..... best opening transfers ive made without editing my budget!! first game 4-1 win second game 3-0 win fabregas on as a sub on his debut 1 goal 1 assist playing as a trequestra

Maybe so, and if you're ok with it, still good for you ^_^ But anyhow, as a neutral opinion, you overpaid for Fabregas, and under-valued Rooney.

rooney never performs for me this year but cesc is.. easy option really

Use both Zaha and Januzaj consistently as they are awesome in FM14.

I know they are I sold zaha to Monaco for ?50mill they are both immense