Man Utd's Anderson out for season

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United midfielder Anderson will miss the rest of the season after rupturing his cruciate ligament against West Ham.

More...

He's cack anyway, can see him leaving in the summer.

Nooooooooooooooooooo. He's not cack really, this is a blow. He hasn't been as consistent has he can be this year, but with Giggs out, Carrick suspended for a Cl game or two, Scholes not able to play every game and Owen obviously not looking like coming back, we could have done with him-especially with games v Liverpool and Chelsea where he'd shine.

Fancy a suprise return Hargreaves?

Wow, 19-11-08 (Is that right?) is going to weep when he reads this thread.

anderson is a wonderful player, i hope this proves to be a fresh new start for him, just like a new signing, lets hope he has the consistency now

Waiting for a wail from 19-11-08.

I liked him, but less and less now...

Wish it had happened in December/January so we could have gotten in a replacement.

As a Utd fan its upsetting to realise that we have the weakest midfield we have had for at least 15 years :-(

Big blow for us considering the injuries we have in that position. But like someone said further up, hopefully he comes back a rejuvenated player and re-finds his goal scoring from his Porto days.

Big blow for us considering the injuries we have in that position. But like someone said further up, hopefully he comes back a rejuvenated player and re-finds his goal scoring from his Porto days.

He played in an entirely different position in his Porto days. And his main asset was his pace, which he seems to have lost last time he had a bad injury

This is a major blow to Chelsea and Arsenals title bid. (6)

As a Utd fan its upsetting to realise that we have the weakest midfield we have had for at least 15 years :-(

A few years ago we would be playing Alan Smith and Eric Djemba Djemba together in the centre of the park. Do you seriously believe those two are better than Fletcher and Carrick?

NOOOOOO!!!!!:'(:'(:'(
Can't believe this, all he did was pass the ball.:(

I liked him, but less and less now...

Wish it had happened in December/January so we could have gotten in a replacement.

Like ajw said we have had alot alot worst midfield with the likes of Eric Djemba Djemba and Juan Sebastian Veron.

And Anderson is a big loss one of my favourite players :'(

Last edited:
Christ i'm sick of people saying Anderson is ****.. he's 21 for crying out loud, for a player to be fighting for Manchester United at that age shouldn't be forgotten.. Look at Fletcher, it took him a long time to find consistency and now BANG he's one of the best midfielders in the world.

NOOOOOO!!!!!:'(:'(:'(
Can't believe this, all he did was pass the ball.:(

You treat him like God! Worship him at his feet :$

That's quite a big blow for us though :'(

Really like him though.Hope Fergie doesn't sell him.

Christ i'm sick of people saying Anderson is ****.. he's 21 for crying out loud, for a player to be fighting for Manchester United at that age shouldn't be forgotten.. Look at Fletcher, it took him a long time to find consistency and now BANG he's one of the best midfielders in the world.
Sounds like a certain Lucas levia to me

Back