Manager Contract for next season ?

TheEquinox

Reaction score
There is another team who is close to firing their manager and I would like to take over that team. But I would like to finish the current season with my current season first and then move to the other team.

Is there any way to do this or do I have to take it or leave it once the other manager gets fired ?

If they offer you a contract you can normally select the start date, one of the options should be end of season. If you pick that your'll finish with your current team and then take over at the new one at the end of June I think.

Ok thanks for the info, so I'll just wait for their manager to get fired. Do they use some assistant coach as interim then ?

Ok thanks for the info, so I'll just wait for their manager to get fired. Do they use some assistant coach as interim then ?

There's no guarantee that your'll definately be offered the job though. As far as I know yes, they'll use their assistant manager as stand in until your contract takes effect.

If you do sign a contract for end of season players at your current club may start under performing, unhappy board and fans etc.

Your choice, but s'pose it dont matter if your going to a new club

I have a question about this, Have never tested this but if you get offered we'll say 30k for a year and you come back and say you'll take 0, does the 30k per week get added to your wage budget?
Does it affect future contract negotiations as well?

It's easy to check, sum up the wages of your staff and compare it to the monthly staff wages you pay. Then you can see if your wage is included there or not.