Manager experience level while starting a career

fukarezg

Reaction score
Hi lads, hope to get some insight, help, opinions, reasons not to kill myself etc.

basically Id like to know how much does previous football experience and coaching licenses influence the game from the start?,

I always start my career with no badges and no experience, and the amount of effort i have to put in lately just to barely enjoy the game is getting depressing. to not get embarrassed I have to change and twitch tactics from game to game, or do I?,

I like the game to process quickly, because unfortunately I dont have much time on hand for playing, so im watching only key situations per game, and its impossible for me to analyze and adapt that quickly to get consistent results. and Should I even?

i dont exaggerate, play the tactics that suits the team best, get new players in that suit the tactics best, try to assemble the best backroom staff I can get from 1st team to the youth team, although I have to admit that I dont run trainings, and lack of the knowhow about it, but when you manage a club like bayern Munich, is this really a problem? and it doesnt make a difference even when I start out with Bromley..

Once I started a game with Bosnia, and the first opponent was Greece, and I saved right before the game and played it 20 times. I tried and combined different tactics, teamtalks, fluidity, and won 1 out of 20. Played away, but still, the teams are equally strong I guess and 1 out of 20 is pretty bad.

so is it about lack of experience of the manager in the game or is it about me sucking at the game (though I love to believe I have a great understanding for it, historically, tactically and regarding database),

Id appreciate any help and suggestion or opinion because I feel more heartbroken than I ever did with any girl. Im raging and it is no fun anymore like this..

It's said with the dynamics in this version it's better to start with at least the recommended reputation/badges, perhaps even better, that if you go in with nothing the players will have so little respect for you that you'll have it very tough indeed. In fact, I think Bustthenet, who knows a lot about FM recommends, IIRC, to take the maximum, period.

I always start my career with no badges and no experience
Id appreciate any help and suggestion or opinion

If you really want to start a career with a low level of badges then you can ignore coaching badges. You'll need at least one good coach to do your coaching job. But is very risky to start with no experience badges (sunday league player). Even in lower leagues. From my point of view, its a good idea to start a career using at least level 3 (professional player, local level) for lower professional leagues and at least level 5 (professional player, national level) for first division / league.
On the other hand, there are 2 buttons on the starting career screen. First of them, called 'style focus' can help you to increase some mental attributes which you need to gain easier more confidence from your players. There are 3 good options ('motivator' - the best option, 'disciplinarian' - good but risky and 'youth developer' - good if you want to start an youth players-based career). All these options must be used only if your chosen nationality is the same with your club nation.
Second button is very important because you can choose if you want to be "more coach and less manager" (on the left) or "less coach and more manager" (on the right). If you can find good coaches and you dont want to be involved in development of players then is good to move this button on the right. This option will increase your mental attributes (especially "man management" and "motivating") which can help to gain and mantain your players confidence.

From my point of view these are the lowest badge levels usable for lower professional leagues :
View attachment 73304

and for first league
View attachment 73303