brii

Reaction score
Hi my profile picture keeps disappearing

It happened too with fm10....creat a profile using a picture from my hd...then sometime in the future it vanishes...

My question is can u replace this picture or re-do it it some manner during career mode?

Ta.

You need to go into your graphics folder, create a folder titled Me.

Post your picture in there with your unique ID as title (see preferences in game)

Then copy this and paste it in notepad

<record> <!-- resource manager options --> <!-- dont preload anything in this folder --> <boolean id="preload" value="false"/> <!-- turn off auto mapping --> <boolean id="amap" value="false"/> <!-- logo mappings --> <!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics files from the correct places --> <list id="maps"> <!-- Auto generated by fmXML --> <record from="2062100191" to="graphics/pictures/person/2062100191/portrait"/> </list> </record>

where ever you see a list of numbers (unique id in bold) replace them with your own numbers. Then save this notepad file to your "me" folder. Bam, you'll have your picture and it'll never vanish (unless you start a new game in which your Unique ID may change)

Last edited:
that hasnt worked for me i fink i did the id fing ryt i went onto preferences ticked show ids thn went onto profile help ?

Ok thanks Mont ' problem solved.

I seem to remember this info from somewhere but was cloudy.

i forget to add my pic at first, wad can i do now?? can i add in again , like after i play 1 season of the game????

Just wondering, if i was to create a player in the editor, would this work to give him a picture? and would it be the same process??

Yes it will..

I got a game going with a mate and hes put us in the game as players with pics...lol hes twice the size of most other players...funny.

Yes it will..

I got a game going with a mate and hes put us in the game as players with pics...lol hes twice the size of most other players...funny.

could you tell me how? ive been trying here for about half an hour. Tried using the above method but wont work, works for my managers profile, only because i put it in the team i am managing folder of picture, tried that with my created player, no luck :(

Ok im back at mine now and have been at this for 2 hours with no luck....

As far as i can see ive done this correctly but there must be something different about my pc or game....im waiting untill my mate assists me in this....

I've matched up the id's , made the file in graphics folder , used the batch file accordingly but no joy.
Will update if this changes soon.

Ok im back at mine now and have been at this for 2 hours with no luck....

As far as i can see ive done this correctly but there must be something different about my pc or game....im waiting untill my mate assists me in this....

I've matched up the id's , made the file in graphics folder , used the batch file accordingly but no joy.
Will update if this changes soon.

in regards to your own manager picture?

Oh yes its sorted now....
Just a typo was my problem...and same method works fine for players made with the editor .
Thanks again M.

I have the same problem but your solution dosen't seem to be working for me.

It didn't work for me at first until I realised the image in the 'me' folder wasn't a .png file, despite having the .png suffix (go figure). I used Paint to re-save it as a png then put it back in the folder, then reloaded the skin in preferences and it worked.

Yes and make sure u name the file config.xml...make sure the manager picture name is equal to your manager ID and make sure you dont typo like me lol

Yes and make sure u name the file config.xml...make sure the manager picture name is equal to your manager ID and make sure you dont typo like me lol

silly me forgot to mention the config part! I wrote the tutorial on a whim.

I used to have all sorts of problems with this before I found out how to save my picture in the graphics folder.

which file do you name config.xml? the picture in the Me folder or the thing you copy and paste into notepad and save into the me folder?

still no luck for me! Completed every step like you've mentioned but it's still not showing!