Manager Ratings - Individual stats.

vegeta4000

Reaction score
Hey guys first of all I'm new here but have been browsing for a long while; some decent posts going on and I appreciate all the effort you put in; especially admins.

I come to you with not so much a problem but an enquiry; not being as talented as I once was with FM I have decided this year to take on the role of Man City simply because of the heavy investment, I've just completed my second season and for the second time running I have come runner up however have won the FA cup once and the LC the other season.

I decided after this I'll give them a break and step aside for other job offers but the problem is I'm not getting any above league 2 for example in the English league. My stats are only barely 13 finance control, 13 discipline and 13 tactical consistancy. The rest being a lot lower.

Is there a way or definition anywhere I can understand how to raise these stats quicker than I already am as I don't want to manage for another say 10 years before getting a Premier League or Serie A job haha.

My apologies if this is in the wrong area or is a repost (Sure it is) but I'd be grateful for any help. (H)

When you start a new game you can select your past experience. There are things from ''Sunday League Footballer'' to ''International Footballer'' obviously selecting international footballer will give you a better reputation.

stats dont matter at all, they are cosmetic

What gets you jobs is your reputation

stats dont matter at all, they are cosmetic

What gets you jobs is your reputation

Thanks for the responses thus far guys. My reputation is continental atm and I got offered a role at Juventus but it took me about 9 months waiting until I got it.

I assumed my reputation was built around the attributes such as financial control etc soo do they have any significance as I assumed they would work like player stats towards something.

nah those stats are nothing to do with your rep.

Your rep is based on how well you do, or like the previous poster said if you pick ex international etc. Personally I always chose the lowest setting so when you get a big job its based on how well you have done on the game and not saying you were an international as with that setting you could get chelsea relegated and get sacked and then still get the Man U job or w/e

nah those stats are nothing to do with your rep.

Your rep is based on how well you do, or like the previous poster said if you pick ex international etc. Personally I always chose the lowest setting so when you get a big job its based on how well you have done on the game and not saying you were an international as with that setting you could get chelsea relegated and get sacked and then still get the Man U job or w/e

Ah right it makes sense now.

So if I wanted to play casually like I am I should select this "international" ex-role at the beginning? Just to clarify of course ;) thanks for the help.

Yeh, it ever so slightly effects the players you can get as well but it does put more pressure on your to achieve success

Yeh, it ever so slightly effects the players you can get as well but it does put more pressure on your to achieve success

Ah right cheers bud. As you seem pretty aware of these things I was wandering, how are players that are "realistic signings" worked.

It's a very vague question I know but after getting 2 seasons in a row of European football and 2 pieces of silverware for Manchester City the top players I could sign were still around 4-5th teams in Spain and Italy. Quaresma/'Dinho just to name 2 familiar names would refuse to come as it'd be a step down yet I had finished higher up and qualified/won more than there current team.

Confused me on previous titles to. Cheers again mate.

if i want to try get a job abroad do i need to select the country at start of game i only ever get offerd lower league teams in england i was once in the line for liverpool though i took luton to the prem

Ah right cheers bud. As you seem pretty aware of these things I was wandering, how are players that are "realistic signings" worked.

It's a very vague question I know but after getting 2 seasons in a row of European football and 2 pieces of silverware for Manchester City the top players I could sign were still around 4-5th teams in Spain and Italy. Quaresma/'Dinho just to name 2 familiar names would refuse to come as it'd be a step down yet I had finished higher up and qualified/won more than there current team.

Confused me on previous titles to. Cheers again mate.

Nah the manager rep has a very slight effect, the main reps effecting attracting players are league rep and club rep so thats prob why worldclass players wont go to city...like irl :)

if i want to try get a job abroad do i need to select the country at start of game i only ever get offerd lower league teams in england i was once in the line for liverpool though i took luton to the prem

yes you have to load the countries when creating your game otherwise they are unplyable

Nah the manager rep has a very slight effect, the main reps effecting attracting players are league rep and club rep so thats prob why worldclass players wont go to city...like irl :)

Shame, I had no intention of hanging around for years to establish scum. :)

Thanks for all the help matey think I'll post on here more often (H) my current Juventus is top 10; should be "difficult" (2010-11)