Manager Reputation Increase (Please Help!)

nickmajfc

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just need a little help with a feature on FM12.

I know alot of people have challenges of taking a lower league club and making them successful, and yes, i would like to make my team successful too.

Now, im playing in now my second season with the Newcastle Jets from the Australian League. I made the finals in the first season, but lost in the first minor-semi final, which is a good finish considering we were supposed to finish just out side the finals. Now, my future goal is manage Manchester United. This is my challenge, to start of as a lower league manager, and eventually manage a top club.

I just want to know, if i keep being successful, will the game allow better clubs to eventually offer me new jobs, give me opportunities at other clubs? or do they rarely do this?.

I just wanted to know so i can actually keep going and try and get to the top of the manager's department.
Thanks.

Do you think is it possible to be the manager of Man Utd after N.Jest.

Totally impossible. You are not even in Europe mate.

No, your getting me wrong. I dont mean straight up, from the Jets to Manchester United.

I mean as in over 30 years of game time, will it eventually happen if i keep being successful.
Like, will i get offers from smaller clubs in Europe, then gradually get offers from better clubs, IF im successful..

Some people will know what i mean.

Do you think is it possible to be the manager of Man Utd after N.Jest.

Totally impossible. You are not even in Europe mate.

Thats not really his question mate, hes asking if he will get job offers from clubs in Europe and the answer to that is most likely. If your very sucessful lots of different clubs will come after you and maybe one day your rep will be high enough for you to get the Man United gig.

You should have started in a minor European League mate, I had a save with Fiorentina, and after I resigned, I didn't even get a job at my country's **** teams.

I still think it is impossible :) No offense.

Hello to Australia by the way :)

Thats not really his question mate, hes asking if he will get job offers from clubs in Europe and the answer to that is most likely. If your very sucessful lots of different clubs will come after you and maybe one day your rep will be high enough for you to get the Man United gig.

There we go, you know what im talking about.
I just wasn't sure if the game would actually allow me to. But gradually it will. I wont leave my team unless i get an offer, or if i get sacked, which doesnt look likely at the moment.

Thanks for understanding, and you pretty much answered my question, cheers!

You should have started in a minor European League mate, I had a save with Fiorentina, and after I resigned, I didn't even get a job at my country's **** teams.

I still think it is impossible :) No offense.

Hello to Australia by the way :)

Thing is, i wont resign. Im just going to either keep managing the Jets and get them to the championship, or change clubs around the league.
Once i win a title, if i get an offer from another club, even in asia, i will take it.

I wuld think after you win a few A-league titles and do well in the ACL you could probably get a job in League 1 maybe lower championship. Out of curiosity what are your managers nationalities?

It's definitely possible, your reputation goes up the more you win and the higher profile competitions you win (for example australian league will grant small increase, champions league huge increase), this is a key part of the game so of course

Yeah, that would work well.
First nationality is Australian.
Second is Macedonian, that's where my parents were born, so it's in my blood.
I try to make my seasons realistic.

It's definitely possible, your reputation goes up the more you win and the higher profile competitions you win (for example australian league will grant small increase, champions league huge increase), this is a key part of the game so of course

Good point, hopefully i get into the ACL this time around.

Only a word of advice, hope you have loaded english leagues (and maybe another smaller country in europe to use as your bridge to Man U, maybe managing a team in France or Portugal)

Yeah, ive got heaps, so im good.

Australia
Argentina
Brazil
Italy
Spain
England
China
Greece
Holland
Scotland
Ireland
France
USA
Mexico
Northern Ireland
Portugal
Korea
China

Most of them have top and bottom divisions, so theres plenty to choose from.

you can also go on Genie Scout to see your rep and then go to club's rep to see what club would get you at the moment

you can also go on Genie Scout to see your rep and then go to club's rep to see what club would get you at the moment

I wouldnt recommened doing this as it takes the realism of the game away and also distracts you from the team your currently at.

after being the A-league, try to apply some where in europe. from there one, keep doing the same thing, winning trophies , etc, and hopefully ur rep will increase. if u can get to a lower league club in england, then that would be better than being somewhere in greece :p

but really, it will take a long time, and u might get the ManU job when ur 60. :p

Last edited:
after being the A-league, try to apply some where in europe. from there one, keep doing the same thing, winning trophies , etc, and hopefully ur rep will increase. if u can get to a lower league club in england, then that would be better than being somewhere in greece :p

but really, it will take a long time, and u might get the ManU job when ur 60. :p

Who knows :D

.. p.s,Kenrry, that ruins the game.

You can definitely do it. But you MUST have the desired country loaded to get job offers from said country.

Oh, and I got my first ManU managerial offer at the end of season 5 of my Eastleigh save. I had gotten straight promotions to the prem from BSS, and ManU's manager decided to take the England national job. I was the hot candidate.

Turns out ManU would offer me the job 2 other times that year -- hot headed board I tell you. I also got job offers (in a major coaching carosel kind of way) from Chelsea (twice), Tottenham, West Ham, Stoke, Fulham, Liverpool, Norwich, and a few others. It was a busy season of me saying no.

So don't think you're too far away. The biggest key for raising rep is getting trophies.

Last edited:
Sweet, sounds good. Will take me 10-20 seasons. I have nearly all leagues activated, so i can get into pretty much any.