WarroOxford

Reaction score
Started a new game unemployed, English manager and Sunday League reputation. I used holiday mode for the first two months of the season so it wouldn't be the same teams available like always at the beginning. Applied for a few teams.

Got turned down by Luton Town in the BSP, but offered jobs by Dynamo Moscow in the Russian Prem, and Charleroi in the Belgium Pro League. Russian Prem being a 3.5 star league, Belgium Prem a 3 star league, while the BSP is only 1.5 stars.

I'm a big one for realism, and while I did accept the job at Dynamo and am currently having some fun with it, the logic of hiring an unknown Englishman to manage a team hopefully pushing for a place in Europe next season just doesn't fit well with me. Not going to call it gamebreaking, but I hope FM14 can somewhat make it a little more realistic when you're on the hunt for a new, or first job.

Thread doesn't serve much purpose other than a slight rant, but feel free to chip in if you've had strange job offers too. I guess on the other hand people could talk about having the highest reputation going but still not being able to get certain International management jobs. Seen plenty here that have dominated the Premier League for years, but get laughed off when applying for the England job.

I feel it definitely needs some tweaking for future games. Not so much so that it becomes too easy or too difficult to get jobs, I love starting at the bottom of the ladder and working my way through the leagues with a few different clubs and your manager reputation continually growing, that's realism to me. But just enough so my current manager wouldn't be looked at by a team pushing for Europe at such an early stage in my career.

Managers rep has always been a little bit all over the place, i started a game as a top club but only sunday league reputation

After winning pretty much everything, i resigned to try and get a new job and could only get Lower Championship or League 1 teams

This is after i won the Premier League, Champions League ETC

Just purely as a test, I resigned as Dynamo Moscow manager around May 2013 time after taking over in July 2012. Had done a decent job and got them from 14th in the table up to 6th with about 6 games left to go. My in-game reputation went from Local to Regional, and I was offered the job at Port Vale, who had just finished 12th in League 2, a job I wouldn't have had a sniff at at the start of the save. I'm glad my short time in Dynamo was recognised. Perhaps the fact I did a reasonable job in the 8th highest ranked league in the game had something to do with it, and I wouldn't have got the same recognition if I started off in a lower level league.

The issue I see is how did I get the Dynamo Moscow job in the first place? After that, I like the realism. :p

Maybe its different when a foreigner applies for the job?

the reason u were able to get the job at Dynamo was because you didnt have a loer league it in that nation, if uploaded all the top nations Italy England Germany Spain you would be able to get any job other than the European Elites.

the reason u were able to get the job at Dynamo was because you didnt have a loer league it in that nation, if uploaded all the top nations Italy England Germany Spain you would be able to get any job other than the European Elites.

That makes a lot of sense actually. Interesting! Thanks for the clarification.

That makes a lot of sense actually. Interesting! Thanks for the clarification.

not a problem, sorry for poor english hard trying to type in work on a smart phone without gettign caught

not a problem, sorry for poor english hard trying to type in work on a smart phone without gettign caught

No no, you explained it perfectly! Fortunately I've got a decent laptop so running a game with lower divisions too isn't too much of a problem, job offers and interest is a lot more realistic now.

No no, you explained it perfectly! Fortunately I've got a decent laptop so running a game with lower divisions too isn't too much of a problem, job offers and interest is a lot more realistic now.
So i assume you wont get offers from top Russian teams when your an unheard of english manager, good to hear.
I like realism too so an offer from lower league Russian teams is a bit more likely.

So i assume you wont get offers from top Russian teams when your an unheard of english manager, good to hear.
I like realism too so an offer from lower league Russian teams is a bit more likely.

To be fair, first time I had just some of the top leagues from foreign countries open I just applied for every job going to see what I could get. Did something similar when I loaded up the lower league divisions, and the only offers I received were from bottom division sides, or at least the lowest division I could get (e.g. Russian First Division), so yeah, much more realistic now.