Whitcher

Reaction score
So after reading and following Formia's story on winning every Champions League in every continent, it has really given me the motivation to try and do the same. I wouldn't say I'm good at managing lower league teams so reputation is going to be hard to build up, but hopefully I can make it some day.
I will be updating after each in-game season and detailing you on what is going on in and round the club I will be currently working for.

I'll be starting unemployed whilst having a sunday-league background, so unfortunately I feel the clubs will not be lining up to sign me, but it will make this a true challenge that I cannot wait to try.​
Full credit and gratitude to Formia for having the idea that I want to try.

TROPHY CABINET
N/A

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

So after a couple of days on holiday Changwon City eventually offered me a job, however I had to negotiate to a one-year contract as I discovered the N-League and K-League do not promote or relegate between themselves and I did not feel being stuck in a deadend job would have been beneficial to my aims!

Founded in 2003 Changwon City are a semi-professional South Korean club playing in the Korean N-League. The club play their home games at the Changwon Civil Stadium, possess fairly basic training facilities and lack any youth setup.

When I took control of the club, they had finished second from bottom in the opening stage and it looks set for a mountainous climb up to the top half if I am to gain any reputation of working here!​

Last edited:
What leagues have you loaded?

Good luck and I'll follow.

What leagues have you loaded?

Good luck and I'll follow.

I've loaded : - South Africa (First Division), China (First Division), India (National Football League), South Korea (NLeague), Mexico (First Division), USA (MLS), Croatia (First Division), Denmark (First Division), England (Coca Cola League 2), France (Ligue 2), Germany (Second Division), Italy (Serie B), Holland (Jupiler League), Portugal (Liga Vitalis), Russia (First Division), Scotland (First Division), Spain (Liga Adelante), Sweden (First Division Elite), Switzerland (Challenge League), Australia (Hyundai A-league), Argentina (Second Division) and Brazil (Second Division).

In brackets are the lowest leagues I have active in that nation. Some might say it's alot of leagues, but I wanted my game to be able to let me try managing in different nations allowing me to build reputation and of course allow me to win the continental competitions! :)

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

July Update​

So as we are on a mid-season break I decided to arrange a couple of friendlies against some lower reputation teams as a way of keeping the players ticking over and to let me get used to how they play and if they can fit into the formations I want. Defence is the main issue for the team, with mainly a lack of fullbacks meaning the opposition come unchallenged down the flanks, but I shall be trying to get some players in with the money I received from selling waste of wage budget players.

The first player I brought in was Lee Dong Song from HMD, he's not too shabby for £1.5K and is certainly better than any of our other fullbacks.
View attachment 101663
I've also captured Park Joon Hong from BTC for £1 a bargain if I don't say so myself. He'll be there to rotate with my defensive line as injuries and form are plaguing it.
View attachment 101664

Seongnam 3-0 Changwon City
My first competitive game in charge was a reality check for both me and the squad. Playing in the South Korean FA Cup against K-League opponents was always going to be tough. Seongnam are struggling near the bottom of the league but the difference in class showed through today with our defence making sloppy errors leading to the goals. However, we were resilient and wouldn't give up, hitting the post on 2 occasions.​

Player of the Month and such will be updated next month as one competitive game is not enough to prove people on!​

Last edited:
August Update

Nothing much to report here for this month. I arranged a couple of friendlies to try new formations and tactics and to get the squad up and together for the closing stage which starts in September. Great news is that my two new signings, Lee Dong Jong and Park Joon Hong have seemed to have settled into the team very well and are looking likely to be given their full competitive debut in the next game against HMD which is another incentive for Lee Dong Jong as it is his former club!

However, to balance out the financial situation and to clear the squad of utter deadwood players I released 7 strikers, leaving us with about 7 left which is a healthy number for competition for places.

The side look slick and raring to go for the closing stage, can I push them from 13th to the top of the table? It's a tall order but I'll give it a go...
View attachment 101672

September Update

Changwon City 1-2 HMD
Hwang Myu Ku (15)
A strong first half performance from us with an amazing piece of play to create our first goal finished by Hwang. Although with this team things don't seem to last and 'half time syndrome' kicked in, the defence faltered and sloppy play ended up in two easy goals conceded and going back from my first league with zero points.

BTC 1-0 Changwon City
Dominated this game with possession however we just couldn't turn this into any clear cut goalscoring chances. Sloppy defending costs us again, with possibly their only attack on goal went into to the back of the net. Just shows how possession isn't everything, the scoreline at the end of the game is.

Changwon City 0-0 KHNP
First point of the closing stage came after a sluggish performance against relatively better opponents, we played dirty and unattractively but aslong as it's not a loss then I'm not too bothered when it comes to odds up against us games.

Korea Railroad 1-1 Changwon City
Shim Young Jae (2)
A great opening few minutes with a screamer from outside the box by both teams. Bubbled down from there but we dug in deep and didn't let much go past the backline and if it did Hwang in goal let nothing through.

Changwon City 1-0 Yesan
Choi Myung Sung (54)
Amazing performance by us today! They didn't even get a sniff on goal and we just piled on the pressure with every minute that went on, and even 'half time syndrome' couldn't get us down! We could have scored 2 or 3 more but it was not to be, however it's our first win of the closing stage and the first of my career!

HongChun 2-2 Changwon City
Sim Jong Bo and Kim Hoon Jong started the game brightly with two early goals but complacency set in and HongChun wriggled their way back level by half time. Second half produced little of any note, a chance from Sim Jong Bo again went into the side netting and this game should have been done and dusted on 20 minutes.

Gangneung City 1-0 Changwon City
Playing the team at the top of the table I didn't expect much from this result, so to keep them down to only one nil was a great feeling, we defended with pride and Hwang our goalkeeper had an exceptional performance even though he conceded.

View attachment 101806
Well the closing stage of the season could have gone much better, but working from 13th position with a low morale team is never easy. I've started to work out which formation is best suiting the team and it's giving us a bit of a run of form towards the end of the month, even if they are mostly draws.

Player of the Month
Shim Young Jae
He's played well this month contributing to the squad with a few assists and even a goal. Unfortunately just after the last game of September he has torn his knee ligaments and therefore he's out of the rest of the closing stage. Struggling to find someone to fill the big boots he left out on the left wing.

October brings harder challenges, let's see how we do​

Last edited:
October Update

For half of October there seems to be a break in the league schedule and so I used this as a rest period for my players due to the busy period during September where we had 7 games, not leaving us with much of a rest. My biggest hope for this month would be to push up a few places in the table but a lower half finish is the biggest reality. Also, the loss of Shim Young Jae has left a hole at left wing, with only young inexperienced players that can fill it, so a change in formation may be necessary.

Changwon City 2-0 Cheonan
Hwang Mu Kyu (21, 28)
Having much of the possession this game we finally converted ths into scoring chances with Hwang Mu Kyu our star striker stepping up to the plate and getting on the scoresheet twice. They had a man sent off in the second game, meaning the game was all but ours.

Hummel 2-1 Changwon City
Choi Myung Sung (68)
Disappointing today, going ahead and then conceding two goals that maybe one shouldn't have stood, is really disappointing. Having Hwang Mu Kyu sent off in the second half just after they equalized didn't allow us to go forth and take the game to them.

Changwon City 0-2 Kookmin Bank
The scoreline looks like we didn't really get a sniff but we had our chances, hitting the woodwork on two occasions, but we still can't seem to get the ball in the back of the net and it's becoming a worrying situation.

Hallelujah 2-2 Changwon City
Hwang Mu Kyu (5, 83)
Very happy about this result, we were expected to be beaten easily but when we were 2-1 down we kept going and going, with Hwang Mu Kyu who is in exceptional form getting the equalizer just minutes before the end of the match.

Player of the Month
Hwang Mu Kyu
He's been in great nick this month, getting 4 goals in 3 games as he was suspended for one. He's a real poacher and I'll be keen to sign him if I move to another club at the end of the season.

View attachment 101875
So overall we have had an up and down month with hopes being raised with our win over Cheonan but a series of defeats and a draw have dragged us down to 13th position, however the league is looking closer than it did and a win from our last few games could move us up a place or more.​

Yeah, I like the easy layout and it's simple.

November Update

Near the beginning of this month I was offered a contract extension keeping me at the club for another two years, but I felt that it would not be worth my while and managing Changwon is a learning curve more than anything serious and so I rejected their offer.

Changwon City 1-2 Suwon City
Cho Yong Hyuk (19)
A game we never looked to be getting anything out of, we started to lead with a goal from Cho Yong Hyuk, but once again we seemed to be a different side after half time, I don't know whether my team talks cannot motivate them but it's becoming very frustrating.

Kimhae 5-1 Changwon City
Choi Myung Sung (27)
An absolute embarrassment, going 3-0 down within 20 minutes was not the best start, but a goal from Choi Myung Sung allowed us some hope to think we could atleast level the score. But it was only to be a consolation goal as we got drubbed.

Player of the Month
I have no one to give this to this month, two games and two disappointing performances could not make anyone worthy of an award.​

End of Season Review

So we finished 13th in the league, second from bottom and where we were when I joined the club. I haven't seemed to have learnt basic Korean and it seems that I can't get what I want through to the players on match days! I've decided to resign from the post and hopefully I can be offered a job from a team that has a chance of getting into a sort of continental cup so I can start on my way to my end goal.
View attachment 101911

Back in management after 5 months out!

That's right, I'm back after being turned down for many a job and Churchill Bros in the Indian National League have me contracted for two years. I accepted this offer not only because it allows me to get back to managing a team, but because Churchill Bros does stand a really good chance of getting to the continental places in the league.

Founded in 1988, Churchill Brothers Sports Club are a professional Indian club currently playing in the Indian National Football League. They play their home games at Fatorda and possess fairly basic training facilities and a basic youth setup. The club maintains a fierce rivalry with Dempo Sports Club, Sporting Clube de Goa and Salgaocar Sports Club.

Some transfers have already gone through from the previous managers reign so I will make judgement on them and see whether I want to sell them on or not, but our financial situation is not bad enough for us to need to do it.

Indian Super Cup
Churchill Bros 0-1 Mohun Bagan
My first game in charge the day after I joined the staff at Churchill Bros and it was a Cup Final! We played very well, hitting the post on 2 occasions but Okolie couldn't finish off both rebounds. It's dissapointing I can't add anything to my trophy cabinet but we'll look to win more things next season.​

Good luck, I like these stories so will definately follow