managerial sackings

Gav123

Reaction score
Does anyone else think that clubs are gettin a lot more panicky than ever before and that almost every chairman wants to be the manager and just have a puppet as the front of the club and the one they can shoulder the blame on when things go **** up!

yep before managers actually got time to manage. Im sure a lot of these chairmans play to much fm

idk, there seems to be quite a few strange managerial sackings this season considering managers like Avram Grant who has been doing pathetically has not been sacked but people like Big Sam have

Here in Croatia, it is usual for one club to change three or four managers during season :p
Most club have changed more managers in the past five years than Man Utd in its history ::S

I wish people wouldnt say this. We gave Chris Hutchings plenty of time. He's won 5 games this season, struggled to beat Fleetwood in the FA Cup, took a 2nd half goal in a replay.
Then lost to Torquay in the 2nd round.
Our sacking of him was more than justified.

I have to say that i do agree with you . Like the word choice you chose to finish 'when things go **** up!' - XD

yeah i think its getting a tad ridiculous,managers need time to build a squad and bring success to the club,just like roy hodgson needs more time at liverpool like another season at least with cash to spend,clubs these dayz just want instant success,man U wasnt an instant success when fergie took over it took time and backing from chairman to get to where they are and what theyve acheived,theres way too many trigger happy chairmans around now and its sort of ruining things abit

Two prime examples is Big Sam,Chris Hughton both were doing what was expected of them at there clubs but obviously the owners wanted things done there way rather than these managers who have to work through exceptional circumstances!

and again with newcastle dont get why Ashley is apparently going to back Pardew but wasnt keen on backing houghton? makes no sense!

yeah i think its getting a tad ridiculous,managers need time to build a squad and bring success to the club,just like roy hodgson needs more time at liverpool like another season at least with cash to spend,clubs these dayz just want instant success,man U wasnt an instant success when fergie took over it took time and backing from chairman to get to where they are and what theyve acheived,theres way too many trigger happy chairmans around now and its sort of ruining things abit

Hodgson needs to get his tactics straight, then he can think about building a squad.

It's a strange season. Big Sam and Chris Hughton lose their jobs when doing a fine job, yet Avram Grant and arguably Hodgson both should have gone, or at least they deserve to have gone more than those who already have. West Ham have started to pick up some points now, so maybe it can be shown to be a case where sticking by your manager can be the right move.

If we weren't in this terrible financial situtation, I reckon Peter Reid would have been sacked by now- Not that our form has been his fault!