Managers and Assistants...

wardy93

Reaction score
Will a manager ever take over as an assistant?

I cannot get KK to help be my assistant on my newcastle game?

Anyone else struggle with various people?

Managers very very very rarely take a job as an assistant for obvious reasons. It will be especially hard when it's his ex-club.

if your looking for an assistant Tim Flowers is a good shout at QPR in the first season.

Never seen it happen in all the years i've played. Look elsewhere matey!

its strange really i find as in real life u do see it happen. quiroz (spelling!) would go back to be fergie's assistant, look at roy evans former liverpool manager, gerry francis, colin calderwood, tony adams would be a number 2 agen... maybe something for fm2010! not sayin every manager shud become an assistant but would be a good feature. u see older managers come in as assistants alot to help younger managers all the time!

If you want a legend as Assistant Manager look no further than Rangers for Ally Mccoist or Nuno Capucho :)

Hated capucho as a player. He was mince at the gers. Just left rangers for the chelsea job on my game and ally mccoist is already a world class MANAGER as he got the job. So Ally Mccoist is a good shout for assistant manager

Will a manager ever take over as an assistant?

I cannot get KK to help be my assistant on my newcastle game?

Anyone else struggle with various people?

On FM 06 with the Toon I Got KK, in 4 seasons won ....

4 Premiership's
4 Fa Cup's
2 League Cup's
3 Commnity Shield
3 Champions League
1 Uefa Cup
4 Super Cups
2 World Club Cup's

KK motavated the players well wich was one of they key factors to winning all these :)

Henk ten Cate was the Assistant to Avram Grant at Chelsea and Frank Rijkaard at Barcelona. Now he is manager of Panthinaikos he won't go back to being an Assistant! It's so annoying...

never seen it in all the years of playing fm and when i have tried to get them in they are never intrested and as said above it does happen in real life