Manager's wage doesn't come out of wage budger

King Sid

Reaction score
OK so i've always thought that your wage as a manager comes out of the clubs wage budget. However I've just found this not to be true.

My wage total was £2,776 before I signed my new contract, which is £200 more than my old one and the total is still the same. So it doesn't affect the club finances in anyway.

Did everyone know this or were you like me and thought it came out of the budget?

Hmm... I'm inclined to believe SI are too thorough to miss this. Surely it affects finances in SOME way.

If you go into Finances then go to expenditure you will see their is one for the staff and one for the staff.
So the money still come's out the club's finance.

I presume this makes it more realistic as irl i assume the board have a higher responsibility for the staff whereas the manager is the playing squad or something :p

I thought it came out of the overall wage budget myself...but truthfully I never gave it much thought.

I hope is does, otherwise I've been wasting my time always going for the lowest wages :L

My mistake it does come out your wage budget. I just looked a week later and it hadn't changed but now after two it has.

To be honest I've never gone for lower wages really anyway, feel like it makes it unrealistic. I'm not greedy but I won't work for peanuts.