Leightz14

Reaction score
Looking for some advice. I usually manage non league teams or league 2 teams and build my way up. But I’m a huge Man Utd fan and would love to take them back to the top. Problem is I always get bored, I find it too easy an if I win a trophy I don’t find it to be much of an accomplishment. I like being a smaller club an getting excitement of securing that free transfer or loan that could change your season. I’d love a Man U save but I can never find that sense of belonging in the save. Any ideas how to keep it interesting

If and when I manage the bigger teams, I always add my own restrictions or rules to give it a bigger challenge. For example, if I was to manage Man Utd I would add the rules that I have to produce players from the youth system and have at least X amount of players in the squad home grown from the club. Maybe also say I have to play the 'Utd' way with quick direct play utilising wingers.

Adding in restrictions that you must abide is a good one. Can also come up with a list of specific accomplishments that you want to hit. Stuff like winning back-to-back European titles, go undefeated thru the league, etc. Those can give a bit more meaning to the dominance you can find at big clubs.