Reaction score
Has anyone ever managed a 2nd team of a club before? I just accepted a job with Werder Bremen II and just wondering if anyone else has done something like this before. I didn't think you could manage outside of the 1st team on FM.

-Background-
I started my save with 1860 München and got sacked before the end of my 1st season (fyi - I'm a total noob at this game and fully admit it). I applied for jobs after the season ended, but couldn't get interviews because my reputation was so low. I started with decent credentials My save only has England (League 2 & up), Spain (top 2 divisions), Germany (top 3 divisions), Italy (top 2 divisions), Russia (top 2 divisions), Czech Republic (top 2 divisions), Switzerland (top 2 divisions) and Austria (top 2 divisions).

In finally got an interview with a 2nd division Russian team, and Werder Bremen II (second team). I initially almost took the Russian job, but finances were awful and staying up could be an issue. I decided to take the Werder Bremen II team. I figured it was a lower risk and would help build my reputation with a legit organization.

Let me know if anyone has done this. I can share my experience on the Manger Stories thread if interested.

Must admit I've never managed a B team but I know a few people who have, namely Real Madrid and Barca B teams, obviously you are restricted to a degree as you can't get promoted and best players could be taken to the first team but decent chance to build your reputation and can sometimes get good players who are rebuilding fitness after injury.

Has anyone ever managed a 2nd team of a club before?

I started unemployed with national player experience and no coaching badges. It was also very hard to get jobs. My first job was to manage spain u19 squad to build up my reputation, and just applying for every open jobs available. 90% of the times, you will get rejected.

My second job was the Sevilla B team. It was quite fun, because I consider myself a mercenary. My main goal was to lvl up my reputation and in the mean time getting the clubs paying my coaching badges so my stats will rise. Only thing you need to do is to auto select team and play the games. You do not have to worry about hire staff and selling/buying players. If you need fresh blood, you can promote u19 players to your B team. The downside is that the A team will promote your best player without any consent.

My main goal was to coach F.C. Andorra, so I waited 5 years before they finally sack the coach. There were no contest who they hire with the coaching experience I have gathered. :)

In my opinion, starting unemployed is the best experience I have had in my FM years.

I started unemployed with national player experience and no coaching badges. It was also very hard to get jobs. My first job was to manage spain u19 squad to build up my reputation, and just applying for every open jobs available. 90% of the times, you will get rejected.

My second job was the Sevilla B team. It was quite fun, because I consider myself a mercenary. My main goal was to lvl up my reputation and in the mean time getting the clubs paying my coaching badges so my stats will rise. Only thing you need to do is to auto select team and play the games. You do not have to worry about hire staff and selling/buying players. If you need fresh blood, you can promote u19 players to your B team. The downside is that the A team will promote your best player without any consent.

My main goal was to coach F.C. Andorra, so I waited 5 years before they finally sack the coach. There were no contest who they hire with the coaching experience I have gathered. :)

In my opinion, starting unemployed is the best experience I have had in my FM years.
Thanks for the feedback! I figured there wasn't much to do behind the scenes with these teams. And I agree, starting unemployed is my favorite way to play. I'm also in the middle of a Journeyman save in eastern Europe and Russia and having a lot of fun with it. Started with no reputation and no past playing experience. Been a lot of fun!

And if you are struggling to win games, just download some tactics on this forum. The 442 works the best because you do not need good players to get result. I also sucks with FM, so i just let other people to create good tactics. Playing with Instant Result game play also saves alot of time if you do not have much free time IRL. :)