Managing a Championship team in Career Mode

A2Dolan

Reaction score
Hello FM base reader,

I am currenty 24 games into my first season managing Derby County. I am 6th in the table and am looking to secure automatic promotion as i don't want to have to gamble on the play offs. Looking to make a few posts here about my signings and tactics if anyone is up for a discussion on mananging a championship side, hopefully followed buy a discussion on how to survive your first season in the premiership. I will post later with a list of all my signings and some screenshots.

View attachment 323310

So here is a screenshot of my team and all of the stats for the season so far.

A few signings

Jack Grealish
I got him on loan from Villa. Will hopefully try and sign him at the end of the season he has been brilliant.

Ylli Sallahi
Signed him from Bayern for 1 million. Now valued at 1.6m. Has had a couple of fantastic games but I find him to be a little inconsistent. Kind of player that can turn a game around though and has done on a couple occasions.

Humam Tariq
Paid 450K for him at the start of the season and I don't think I have even played him yet. However he is valued at 1.2m now and his stats are fast improving. He is always the best in training. Will be starting to work him into the squad rotation soon.

With regards to staff I decided to appoint Eric Steele (held the position of Goalkeeping Coach at Derby) as my assistant manager and i am happy with his judgements although i don't use him for much.

I also signed Ron Bone as my chief scout who was the man who scouted Grealish so credit where credit is due.

Thats all for now. let me know if any of this is of interest to anyone.

Also picked up Jesse Lingard on loan from Utd. 2 Goals in 3 games so far. Looks like he could play a big role in my squad rotation for the rest of the seasonView attachment 323106