Managing First Team, Reserve Team and U18's.

LgsLord32

Reaction score
Has anyone ticked the box's that says 'take control of reserve/U18 match's'? does it mean you can manage your reserve teams? such as league and cup games. Just really intrested :D

yes it means that
and even if u play games at the same time u first play with first team then reserves or u18
but its surely a lot of work

I used to all the time on 08, to train up my regens. Now I don't have time for it.

See when you manage the reserves and U18 do you get money for winning the leagues/cups

Ah Ok Cool, When i get the England job im going to do the reserve and u18 games. Should be fun :)

I play as a very "hands on" manager and control both my Reserves and Youth teams and have found it very beneficial to do so. I have had a good number of successes where youth players appears to be underated by my assistants and would never have been given a contract had I not intervened. By controlling how they play, and with the right training I have significantly improved the worth of some players that otherwise would have been overlooked. Promising Youth players get moved to the Reserves where I can then apply further polish to get them ready for first team games. At the very least I've drastically increased their value if I then decide to sell them off. The bulk of my transfer income comes from players I have nurtured but don't feel are quite good enough or just don't have room for in thier postion in the first team. so far this season I have made 17 million selling such players. I doubt I would have made anywhere near that had I not nurtured them as I did. Players deemed not to have much potential are typically hard to shift and would otherwise have been realeased for free.
Controlling Reserve games I also find useful for a number of other reasons, such trying out new tactics, retraining players into different postions or giving players (particularly strikers) who've hit a bad patch their confidence back again.