madserf

Reaction score
"He does it again"

View attachment 211992
"The 37-year-old Mangia was appointed Palermo coach at the start of the season but, in typical Maurizio Zamparini fashion, has been ousted from the club Without much rhyme or reason"
"It's not yet known who will replace Mangia as the new coach, but a number of reports from Italy suggest that Bortolo Mutti is sitting in pole position to take the reins at the Renzo Barbera."

Last edited:
Can Palermo Keep Calm?
The Rosanero president has decided to part company with his 20th coach in 10 years, Putting the future of the club into turmoil
View attachment 211999
Due to an apparent disagreement between the two Zamparini and Mangia had mutually parted ways early today as the turbulence continues in Sicily.
After a summer in which they lost several key players including Javier Pastore precluded by a dissapointing season the Palermo-based outfit has been thrown into even more disarray by the trigger happy president. With a squad that is lacking depth and overall star power with a less than patient president, its hard to see any sane boss taking this job

SUPRISE!!!...IT'S Sufrivic
View attachment 212013
Former panama international Madman sufrivic and Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini have agreed to a two year contract with Sufrivic taking the helm immediately

Last edited:
Now that i have gotten that out of the way i can introduce myself to the readers(if there are any),my name's Madman and i have been playing fm since fm08 and have decided my fm skills are too awesome not to write a story about it, so... lets get started
The Squad
Goalkeepers
View attachment 212031
Positional rating:2/5 Priority:3/5
There's quantity but no real quality keeping Benusii and Tzorvas and selling the rest for whatever i can get, they're not great but there shouldn't be too many OMFGWTFDHJD moments between the sticks and i'm ok with that.

Defenders
View attachment 212030
Positional Rating:3/5 Priority:4/5
"Defence wins Championships" its a line that is often over-used when over here in America, but it is very VERY true. Cetto, Pisano, and Munoz are all viable Silvestre is a potential starter and Balzaretti is a stud.

Midfielders
View attachment 212029
Positional rating:1/5 Priority:5/5
Given the mid-heavy formations i plan on playing this is simply unacceptable, there's plenty of depth but outside of Migliacco, Ilicic, and Bertolo everyone else is plain trash , i mean, take a look at this
View attachment 212045
its almost a ******* joke to think this man actually plays professional football for a team in the serie A,scratch that, it IS a ******* joke it's disgusting to think that someone actually thought this guy was worth 1.2 million at one point, if mediocre could walk and breath, this guy would be him -and the worst part? I CAN'T EVEN SELL HIM.yep you heard that right I CAN'T since he just arrived, **** me. now onto some better news

Fowards
View attachment 212032
Positional rating:4/5 Priority:2.5/5
Decent depth Micolli will star in my tactical setup and Hernandez looks like he can be a world-beater with Budan being a solid but unspectacular backup will probably sell him as i can get better options on less wages

Anyone who i didn't name in their respective positions are considers,by me, as dead-weight and will be sold ASAP for as much money as i can squeeze away for their mediocrity

Last edited:
The Tactics
below is a list of the tactics i plan to play.All are created by me,sorted by order of importance/how much i plan on using them

Plan A
View attachment 212062
I have used this tactic in many-a saves in fm and to put it simply,its amazing, i finished december 2cnd in the EPL with Newcastle(save got corrupted) first in the 1.BL with Dortmund and first after christmas with PSG. i usually get 60+ possession at least 2 CCC's and plenty of goals from my corner routine(no its not a bug exploit, i don't get 20 goals from my CB's) and it works magic with Samba playing RCB(he scored 7 in 17 in my Newcastle save with 4 assists and scored a hat-trick against lille in my psg save) the premise here is to attack from the go and pressure the team so much that you control possession the winger cut in and the holding mids get 30+ passes a game.for this tactic to work im going to need two good in-cutting wingers a clinical poacher and a DLP as i don't feel ilicic will serve me well in that role

Plan B
View attachment 212061
This, is a completely experimental tactic i created to play against big team, it's my first time using it in application but the basis is that we will sit back soak up loads of pressure but be deadly fast on the break with two speedy wingers that can put in a great cross(its basically the opposite of plan A). Im going to need two great wingers a poacher and a DLP that plays precise long passes(think Xabi Alonso or Charlie Adam) to start my quick counters.

Plan C
View attachment 212056
This is a first time fm12 tactic for me as i used it in fm10 with Palermo and made the Cl semis in year two and year Three winning the league the latter two seasons i abandoned it due to its narrowness but since it suits the current crop of players more i decided to use it, tweaked to my specifications, we will play slow patient build up football and look for the tequartista to feed the two forwards. i need a poacher a solid hard-working mid and a DLP

I encourage any questions criticisms or suggestions

You say you need a poacher and a strong striker, yet you have the magnificent and potential world beater Abel Hernandez already in the squad?

I'd also have a second look at Bacinovic, the other young CM Slovenian in your squad, as he is quality.

Why are you using Ilicic in a CM rather than AM position dude? Oh! And look at Afrique Acquah in your reserve squad, is a great player in Serie A atm, and will be great in the future, the next Essien!

Other than that, looking forward to it!

Work in the boardroom
View attachment 212070

After asking the board for just about every possible upgrade i got new training and youth facilities built tried to get them to build a new ground,the weren't having it, so i got them to buy our current one instead. All in all a very good start that puts the club in the right direction for years to come
View attachment 212221
also i got my transfer percentage increased from 50%​

Last edited:
Hernandez is going to be class and can even play well now but i need someone with more experience and who has higher finish/composure stats, i took SEVERAL looks at Bacinovic and though he looks like he could contribute i will sell him if i can get 6.5+ out of him as he's not that great of a player.
as far as ilicic goes,yes, im looking for someone who is a little bit more dynamic but he will be playing tons at the AM position, it's just easier for me to sort out what i need where i placed him. you'll understand when i do my targets post. thank you for the feedback

The Plan C is fairly common in Italy, and it's one of the reasons Napoli have been able to enjoy success with a sweeper and no fullbacks. With that said, the opposing fullbacks will be given a lot of space to get up and make themselves known on the pitch, and if they use attacking wingbacks it seems like they'd be able to completely wreck you on the counter attack. I'm surprised you haven't found a use for bacinovic, he was a beast for me in FIFA. (I know, about as good a source of information as a pair of dice)

Hernandez is going to be class and can even play well now but i need someone with more experience and who has higher finish/composure stats, i took SEVERAL looks at Bacinovic and though he looks like he could contribute i will sell him if i can get 6.5+ out of him as he's not that great of a player.
as far as ilicic goes,yes, im looking for someone who is a little bit more dynamic but he will be playing tons at the AM position, it's just easier for me to sort out what i need where i placed him. you'll understand when i do my targets post. thank you for the feedback

That's cool, it's your save after all!

You could probably push 10m for Bacinovic.

The Backroom
Taking a look at my backroom saff and... There are no ******* coaches,none,zilch, ZERO. Who the ***** been running this operation? WE HAVE NO COACHES,we have FOUR,count it, FOUR Gk but no run of the mill coaches? THREE ******* ASSISTANTS-BUT NO COACHES,needless to say,this has to be corrected

Assistant(s)
View attachment 212097
Personally, I hate having more than one assistant.since I have them do my press conferences I need someone I can trust and having three of them is not my style but since two of the three appear to be good at their jobs ill just oust Barone and keep the others

Gk Coaches
View attachment 212100
Despite my earlier rant, i'm very pleased with this part of my staff,however I need more coaches so ill get rid of Paradise

First team coaches

we have none

Coaches
View attachment 212103
WE-HAVE-NONE!!

Fitness Coaches
View attachment 212099
Nothing impressive,getting rid of all except vio and chinnici

Youth Coaches
View attachment 212104
Probably the most solid part of this backroom zangera simpino di fresco will all be leaving though

Physios
View attachment 212107
Salamone romano puleo piccito and gressi will leave as they are sub par

Scouts
View attachment 212102
I only have two,but they're solid,will need more if I am to achieve my ambitions
Basile Limon and Di Vincenzo are also out due to board restrictions on my coaches
:mad:

Last edited:
The Targets
An(sort of)in-depth look at my summer targets who will lead my revoltion I have a budget that's stretchable to 14m to spend or 700k on waqes(I have already sold Rubinho, Acquah, Pinilla, and Aguirregaray for a combined 8m)

Keepers
View attachment 212122First Option:Yann Sommer
Report: A bright young keeper with bags of potential. He could step in now or be saved for later, either way,I want him
Value:1.4 Proj. Fee: 2.5 Priority:2/5 likely-hood:5/5
Ter stegen is a higher priced backup option but wont be necessary

Defenders
First Option:Christopher Samba
View attachment 212116
Report:I cannot start an fm save without this man at the heart of my defence.simply put, hes and animal and gets 7.5+ averages in my setup with 7+ goals as a bonus
value: 11.75 Proj. Fee: 18-23(sooo worth it) Priority:5/5 likely-hood:4/5
Dante of Gladbach is the backup option but he asks for wages that are way too high

First Option:
Sime Vrsaljko
View attachment 212121
Report:if you've been on these forums you know what this kid can do and the fact that i have tumbleweeds for RB's means i Have to get him
value:1.2 proj. Fee:2.5-3.5 priority:5/5 likely-hood:5/5
Darijo Srna and Jorge Fucile are high priced backup options if this fails

Will also probably look for a utility payer in the for of ceara(PSG)(if anyone has suggestions, i'm listening)

Midfeilders
First Option:Freddy Guarin
View attachment 212118
Report: Strong mid that possess a fierce long shot and has great lungs to run,run and run
value:2.5 Proj. Fee:4.5 priority:4/5 likely-hood:1/5
Due to his High wage demands i probably will be going with the backup options:Adam Vass or Capoue

Baldej,Jadson, and Sebastian Rudy are all good options at DLP and il probably sign one of the three but..
First Option:Marvin Martin
View attachment 212120
Report: i know First hand that he destroys teams in the special Terquartista role i use in all my tactics. created by Laffles that can be found here(Lionel Messi) he is also 7.4+ in the DLP role in CM so he is going to be vital
Value:5.25 Proj. Fee:23 priority:4/5(important but there are other very good,and much cheaper, options mentioned above) likely-hood:3/59his wages are kinda high for my tastes
Douglas(Gremio), Douglas Costa, and Walter Montillo are all good options but i have my heart set on

First Option: Christan Eriksen
View attachment 212117
Report: do i really need this?
Value:3.5 Proj. Fee:7.5-8.5(Steal of fm12?) Priority:4/5 likely-hood:5/5

First Option: Dusan
Tadic
View attachment 212123
Report: perfect for All my tactics can play out left and provide a deadly cross(18 crossing) or trained tobe played on the right, cutting in and providing a great through ball or a tap-in finish
Value:3.3 Proj. Fee:13-15 Priority:5/5 Likely-hood:5/5(all i have to do is pay the Huge fee)
^^)
Shaqiri(yes i know hes great but his crossing is poor) Douglas Costa, Alex Teixeira, and Montillo are my back-up options

Fowards
First Option: Kevin Gameiro
View attachment 212119
Report:i know its a long shot, Probably impossible but i wan't him
Value:7.5 Proj. Fee:30+ priority:1/5(i need a poacher but KG is nearly impossible for my team so the Backup options will be coming in instead) Likely-Hood: A snowballs Chance in **** (in truth i may as well bid for Tevez)
Sturridge will be my first option in truth with Papiss Cisse and
Seydou Doumbia are possibilities

Last edited:
All sound options!

I will say, since I play as Sochaux, Marvin Martin is more of a CM in FM 12, but he can be a very, very good AMC.

All the strikers listed would be very expensive, I'd go for Sturridge on loan.

Yeah very true my friend!

I bet he's on something insane already too, great work there.

Porto made a 9m bid for Bacinovic(val 4.5) and PSG made a 5m bid for Barreto(val 2.8) and i accepted both but will make a decision on whether to let Bacinovic go after i make some signings

you got 14 million for transfers how can you pay 90 millions worth, fair enough you sold 23 million thats stil only 37 million, just a third of what you spent?

you got 14 million for transfers how can you pay 90 millions worth, fair enough you sold 23 million thats stil only 37 million, just a third of what you spent?
After the 14 i sold more players which gave me a budget around 35 million,after that i just used monthly installments(48 months for the higher priced signings like Samba, Martin, and Tadic) and 12-24 months for the other signings,effectively quadrupling my budget