Managing in Italy?

Reaction score
I am currently Fiorentina and it just seems that managing in Italy is alot harder, im struggling alot with lesser teams and its annoying, has anyone else gound this or am i just trying to find excuses for my poor season haha :)

Cause they play more defensive and tactical football. Maybe try and play more careful or counter attacking football?

hmm i have never ever had any success making one of them but i can try. i can only go up from where i am at the moment

Well look at how Jose Mourinho and Fabio Capello get teams to play they have them play defensively then counter when the other team is on the back hand of the attack from the opposition :p

I've had a lot of success with Milan in Italy, but the first season with them is hard, the team is a state. Fiorentina have a cracking team though. I've just started a game with Lazio, first time I've been them, and I'm doing well, about to play Fiorentina actually :D

I found rigid tactics worked well for me in Italy ill upload it for you in a min if you wanna try it out. Its a 4-1-1 btw

Where are you at the moment ?

i finished 7th :(

TomJDavies: I find that Giladino just doesnt score enough but i play a 4 2 3 1 so maybe hes not good by himself up front.

KidSparxx: i would love to try your tactic if you would like me to, the season just finished so i can buy players to suit it if need be too

Last edited:
I won the league with fiorentina first season on my old computer! just get montilivo as play maker he done the business for me!

No Gilardino isn't good enough on his own I don't think, however with someone next to him, he should bang the goals in. Montolivo is key for the Viola, get him down as playmaker. Just drew 0-0 at Fiorentina, very pleased with the result!

Also - I've never played rigid tactics in Italy, always fluid and attacking, and I've done well.

i play simon vukcevic as my play maker :)

TomJDavies: Im playing a nice balanced attacking game that worked wonders at CSKA Middlesbrough and Sevilla, i might sell Gilla and but Dzeko maybe

Last edited:
Its not complete, im still trying to sort out the midfield roles but its solid defensively and good in attack. Gilardino should do well in this as well cause ive got Pazzini playing in the ST position and theyre quite similar.

ill give it a go and give you some feed back, thank you for your help its greatly appreciated :)

is hard to play in serie A ..... i play with parma 1 seson and i pick a place for europa league ..... and inter suck rafa benitez and they offered me ........... i go to inter ( my favorite club :) ) and i play very very defensive and i play in every match stankovic cambiasso and muntari to have man mark and tackling hard ...... and put sneijder to pass in space milito is superb form 12 m 11 goals and eto`o is :| 13 m 7 goals i dont know how can i get the best out of etoo :| .................. anyway i win with inter serie A and Uefa Champions League .......... but dont forgot u need to play defensive and counter with quick passing ....... I will never ever leave inter :) good luck with your team my friend

4-4-2 diamond with Fiorentina worked wonders for me! Gila as a complete forward, have a battling midfield (Donadel, Annan, Blasi etc) Montolivo/Jovetic as AMC and sell the wingers for a shed load of cash!
Frey, Dainelli and Gamberini are solid!

Im playing as palermo and I'm doing well. Which tactic are you using?