andymc1989

Reaction score
I'm currently starting a save with Gateshead , I'm finding it hard to find a tactic that works in this league with players with less ability , man marking zonal marking player roles etc. any help from people with experience managing in this leagues would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance

I always find in that league, use a flat 4-4-2, long ball with a very fast striker is the best way to play. I've had many saves as Cambridge United over the years, and after much experimenting and head bangin this is the way forwards. Nothing too fancy. But having a fast striker is very important an set him a target man and run on to ball

You would prob get a better response in the tactics forum, but I would recommend the rock classic tactic, go over to the tactic section and look for the MrLangvatn thread and on the first page there is a list of downloads, you want the 4-1-4-1 rock classic tactic. I have used this with Wrexham, Eastleigh, Mansfield, Halifax, Husqvarna, Malmo, Oxford City, Crewe, Derby, West Brom and have won all before me!

Oh and if you want some good players for that level go download my shortlist, it's a few threads below this one in a thread names BSN/S and Prem players or something like that, it has 81 players of varying ability that will certainly sign for Gateshead.

I agree with Juniorinho. Solid defense with good passing attributes, and fast strikers with good finishing. The rest can be second-rate. Just bomb the ball from back to front. Not as attractive as it can be but it will be effective which will slowly bring you in the money that you need to get better players and play a better tactic.