SRB19

Reaction score
After I get bored with my current Villarreal save I want to start a semi challenge by managing only in rest of Europe and win as much as I can (not France, England, Spain, Italy, Germany) but I have not managed in European countries outside those 5 for ages.
How is it different, like in Turkey or Greece registration wise?
How are the finances in those clubs, can I buy elite players?
Are there any limits for foreign players in the matchday squad or some homegrown rule that makes it harder to fill the squad with quality players?

I just want some tips on managing in those countries to know what to expect.

I'm kinda doing the same thing I'm at molde at the moment (bit bored with doing England all the time), they've done fine domestically but not so much in Europe, hoping to change that

I'm kinda doing the same thing I'm at molde at the moment (bit bored with doing England all the time), they've done fine domestically but not so much in Europe, hoping to change that

Yeah a Scandinavian save also interests me. Trying to dominate Denmark, Norway, Sweden and maybe Iceland.

Yeah a Scandinavian save also interests me. Trying to dominate Denmark, Norway, Sweden and maybe Iceland.

A club with a great set up to do this and potentially a very fun save is MIDTJYLLAND in Denmark

The biggest problem I had when managing Le Havre in France was my lack of real world knowledge of lesser ranked French players. You can amass scouting reports but at Southampton, Everton and Sheffield Wednesday I knew something about most of the players I signed and was able to only bring in unknowns who impressed the scouts.

The biggest problem I had when managing Le Havre in France was my lack of real world knowledge of lesser ranked French players. You can amass scouting reports but at Southampton, Everton and Sheffield Wednesday I knew something about most of the players I signed and was able to only bring in unknowns who impressed the scouts.

Yeah that's what's been holding me back from starting a save in those rest of Europe countries and South America, lack of knowledge.

Well if you don't have knowledge about that country where you would want start a save how about you just google that country biggest league and look players stats etc? That can show you something about players at least who might be the best players from that country? And if somebody is interested starting from Finland he can just put message to me and I can give some information about Finnish football plus link to finnish database. Minus in that batabase is for you that names are finnish. Like Finnish premier league is Veikkausliiga finnish cup is Suomen cup and awards are too in Finnish.

I get bored very fast when I play in low rep leagues such as Turkey, Greece, Ukraine, Russia and so on because it isn't hard at all to build a monstrous team to totally dominate these leagues...

I get bored very fast when I play in low rep leagues such as Turkey, Greece, Ukraine, Russia and so on because it isn't hard at all to build a monstrous team to totally dominate these leagues...

True that but well real challenges are at european competitions..

Well if you don't have knowledge about that country where you would want start a save how about you just google that country biggest league and look players stats etc? That can show you something about players at least who might be the best players from that country? And if somebody is interested starting from Finland he can just put message to me and I can give some information about Finnish football plus link to finnish database. Minus in that batabase is for you that names are finnish. Like Finnish premier league is Veikkausliiga finnish cup is Suomen cup and awards are too in Finnish.

Then you'd have to start as the best team in that country to have any chance of signing players from their direct rivals. Le Havre, for example, are a relatively small French club who tend to yo-yo between Ligues 1 and 2. The only players they get to sign from Monaco, Marseille and PSG are the out-of-contract and transfer listed rejects.

If you pick Romania, you won't face any visa/WP restrictions, but some of the clubs are in...not so stable shape financially (two of the biggest clubs in Romania, Petrolul Ploiesti and Otelul Galati, went under this summer IRL and Rapid Bucharest might follow). If you're one of the top teams (Steaua Bucharest, Dinamo Bucharest, etc.), you should have some cash to play with though. I don't know about the non-EU player rule these days in Liga I; it used to be that you couldn't have more than 5 non-EU players in the first 11, so hardly very restrictive. That could've changed though (my team is in Liga II, so I'm not positive).

If you pick Romania, you won't face any visa/WP restrictions, but some of the clubs are in...not so stable shape financially (two of the biggest clubs in Romania, Petrolul Ploiesti and Otelul Galati, went under this summer IRL and Rapid Bucharest might follow). If you're one of the top teams (Steaua Bucharest, Dinamo Bucharest, etc.), you should have some cash to play with though. I don't know about the non-EU player rule these days in Liga I; it used to be that you couldn't have more than 5 non-EU players in the first 11, so hardly very restrictive. That could've changed though (my team is in Liga II, so I'm not positive).

But if I manage those top teams, won't that be kinda of a walk in the park for me domestically?

But if I manage those top teams, won't that be kinda of a walk in the park for me domestically?

Possibly. It's a delicate balance in Romania trying to find a team that's a) a worthwhile challenge and b) not broke. You may be better off picking a less-mismanaged league. One thing that may be fun in Romania, though, is to take over Gheorghe Hagi's club/academy, Viitorul. Lots of young talent there, but enough experience that you'll be able to compete right away too (they finished fifth in the league this year and made it to the Europa League qualifiers by virtue of the fourth-place team, Dinamo's financial issues).

Just won the second division in Denmark with FC Rosilde. It's only the beginning of my Scandinavia domination!

Sweden is good although the Match day squad restrictions make it more difficult, you have to have 9 Home Grown players in your match day squad of 18 players.

It is a good challenge, the league is not difficult if you start with a relatively good team but Europe can be harder.

Portugal is good. You have 3 good squads in Porto, Benfica and Sporting. Benfica and Porto in particular have loads of quality young players to develop. Also no restrictions on non eu players.

I was thinking about a European league for a new challenge Portugal is a good shout.