Micky979

Reaction score
Right peeps! Straight to the point. Has anyone out there actually achieved anything whilst managing a Russian Team?
The reason I ask is because of the rule that says you can only play so many foreign players in your first 11 in domestic competitions when homegrown Russian players are either outrageously expensive, play for one of your major rivals who always refuse point blank to sell them to you or a quite frankly a bit ****. I won the domestic title with Spartak in FM11 but couldn't really strengthen as I had more than my quota of foreign players and my youth players were as I've already said, ****.
Any thoughts?

I've not done Russia tho I have had a crack at Ukraine with Dynamo Kiev and I think the same rule applied there to some extent, that was FM2011 tho... I won the league a ridiculous amount of times, and won Europa and champions league as well with them. There are some Russians playing outside of Russia that could be signed but I would say just be patient, go on a mission recruiting ALL the best youth from your league and lower leagues and introduce them early so you will be able to use them to boost your national allowance.

Also something to think about... Players that have spent a lot if time in Russia will become second nationalities right? Try looking at foreign players that have russia as a second nationality, it worked for me in Ukraine.

I played '12 as Anji Makhachkala, obviously same rules applied in the game. Have to say I enjoyed success in my two seasons, winning league and cup double both times before a new adventure in Holland with AZ.

I agree though, the purchase of Russian players is difficult for those reasons... I found it frustrating, hence my move!!

G

Also something to think about... Players that have spent a lot if time in Russia will become second nationalities right? Try looking at foreign players that have russia as a second nationality, it worked for me in Ukraine.

This is a bit of a god send when you play in Russia, as from the second season onwards you tend to find a couple of decent players each season who have been "naturalised" Russians.

Plus there are people like KOKORIN who was unheralded but I found him in FM 2012 when I was ANZHI and it seems he was a bit of a wonderkid.

Managing in Russia is difficult but not impossible (its a bit easier in Ukraine as players are generally a bit cheaper). If you have a decent scouting system in place you will find enough Russians with good stats that are buyable at reasonable prices as well as a couple of overpriced Russians to bring in each year. For the latter thank god that the Russian clubs are generally quite rich and also for the use of instalments.