Managing national teams - what is different ?

wolfen2000

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to start to manage the French national team after having big success with my Napoli site.

What are the main differences when managing national squads in relation to clubs ? Any good advices ? Any essential do`s and don`ts ? What about staffing concerning number of coaches ? Is it important anyway ?

Thanx in advance (K)

- You adapt your players unlike in the club level the players that adapt your tactic. It's because you can't choose which player you want for your national team unlike you can buy any player that suits your tactic on your club.
- Sometimes in friendlies your player withdrawn and given 45 minutes instruction.
- You can offer your club's coach role on your national team. I myself have same assistant manager on both club and national.

Hi,

I want to start to manage the French national team after having big success with my Napoli site.

What are the main differences when managing national squads in relation to clubs ? Any good advices ? Any essential do`s and don`ts ? What about staffing concerning number of coaches ? Is it important anyway ?

Thanx in advance (K)

Main difference I find is that it is not easy to motivate your national side because you barely spend any time with them. So try and be as encouraging as you can even if they lose. Another main thing is to have one clinical finisher, and a very good set-piece strategy. because draws in the group stage of a major tournament means you could be on your way out of there. Do not pick players based on form and be all fair and that...it does NOT work, or it didn't for me. Just pick the best side you can on paper. And don't be too gung-ho and go all out attack either. just have an *** man, forget about the other coaches, UNLESS you want to be the manager long-term. GOOD LUCK!

p.s. - wtf is up with that disturbing Smiley?

Main difference I find is that it is not easy to motivate your national side
g.gif

is this by accident or are you just being a ***** for no apparent reason?

With France you must banish many players to win :) (Nasri, Anelka, M'Vila, Menez...)

Sorry for my english, i'm just French :D

With France you must banish many players to win :) (Nasri, Anelka, M'Vila, Menez...)

Sorry for my english, i'm just French :D

... but I am participating in the Final at the European Championship 2020 against Italy - with a brilliant squad logically existing out of regens except the old Lloris who is still brilliant. Nasri and the likes are seniors or coaches ;-)

Also, you can't teach your national players PPMs or set their training and your options for match preparation are more limited