Reaction score
I have tried to play as QPR twice now and it is so difficult. Here are my issues:

-current squad is just about good enough to be promoted with the right manager and signings
-however barely any of the team will be able to cut it in the premier league
-ageing players who are poor such as Zamora, Caesar and Jenas are tough to shift when you need to as they are on big money
-financial crisis at the club meaning lack of funds initially and not most likely not enough if promotion should occur

How would you go about sorting out this club?

I don't know the QPR squad very well so I can't go into much detail but it should be a start.

I'd look at the squad, and see if any of the high wage players that won't be good enough for the premier league have their contracts expiring and set them for release.

Then I'd look at who I've got that will definately be able to make the step up and try and build a tactic that will suit them as they are the players I'd be building my team around for at least the next 2-3 seasons.

I'd then look at where the most glaring gap is in my tactic and make signing someone to fill that hole my priority, then I'd try and loan in a player or 2 for other weaknesses, knowing that I'd likely free up a chunk of wage budget next year for a more permanent replacement.

And if possible I'd try and loan out some of the deadwood I can't sell to get at least some of their massive wages off my budget.

I just kept offering players out on high wages even if it was a free, even if I had to pay part wages. I sold green and Caesar and got schmiechal(spelling) that saved a **** ton in wages. Think I ended up paying 15k towards greens wages but considering he is on 50k or something I wasn't to arsed.

If your struggling to sell look for loan deals that get all the wages paid, utilise Tom Carroll as best you can the kids to good for championship IMO used him well as a DLP in a 442. I just used a one in one out rule for transfers. Take a slowly slowly approach with transfers plan long term it will take 2 or 3 seasons to rectify you get money from the remy transfer taarabt will sell but spurs get a decent chunk of it. If you can sell Zamora and Johnson I'd try for Ince and the loan market is your biggest friend till you turn the squad round I got some decent loans in. Hope this helps

Trouble is, also, if you don't get good results straight away - you're out on your ****. Looking at the team, they should easily compete in the championship but it's difficult to get right tactically with two slow CDs (Dunne & Hill) and a lot of pace on the wings.

How did you manage to sell Green and Cesar? In my save I couldn't sell anyone, even loaning out players was impossible