Managing Shrewsbury town after 3 seasons! Need Tactical Advice!

nickmajfc

Reaction score
I started out this save like i always start my save on a FM Game, a full on as long as i can go save.

So i started with Western Sydney Wanderers, the new club from the A-League here in Australia. They have obviously played a full season in real life now, but the game (FM13) starts back in 2012, so, its the debut season. I missed the finals by 5 points the first season, and then missed them second season by 1 point.

Mid 3rd Season i resign after losing my opening 3 games and drawing the next two and losing one more. I just couldn't work with the team anymore, struggled. This is the good thing about FM and why i like playing a long lasting save game, like real life.

I sign then 2 months later, mid January for Shrewsbury Town in League 2 of the nPower Championship.. They are sitting 16th, with the goal for them to finish top half, which is 12 or higher. I finished 10th, so i did well coming in first season.

Now ive had a good pre-season. Signed one young lad for the midfield as i feel as if my squad is good enough to make it to the playoffs atleast, plus we are in debt, and literally have no money anyway. Lost 3 league games, 1 draw and been knocked out of the Capital One Cup.

Horrible start to the season. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me some good tactics to use, as i just dont know whats working.. My style is a short passing game, and im trying to implement that to every team i go to. but i guess it just isn't working with Shrewsbury.

What formation and tactics can i use to make this work?

Trying it in my next league game away to Port Vale... perfect opportunity to test it.

2-0 win away from home! Brilliant result, but also, kept a clean sheet! That's more pleasing i think!

Tactic is working wonders, and it's not moving away from my style of play, the boys played the ball along the ground and played a fast paced counter short passing game!

Thanks a ton, working perfectly! But, do i stay on counter for home games? i might just move the slider a little more attacking, not too much, just over the half way mark.

2-0 win away from home! Brilliant result, but also, kept a clean sheet! That's more pleasing i think!

Tactic is working wonders, and it's not moving away from my style of play, the boys played the ball along the ground and played a fast paced counter short passing game!

Thanks a ton, working perfectly! But, do i stay on counter for home games? i might just move the slider a little more attacking, not too much, just over the half way mark.

Yeah go for it , play more attacking in home games . Im glad that you having success with my Tactic . Keep Going

Unfortunately ended up losing the home cup game to the same team, but that doesn't bother me as i know it will take time for the squad to grow on this style.

i love the fact your tactic fits in with the way i like my teams to play, quick, fast paced and short passing on the counter. Perfection.