XbeastMx

Reaction score
Does anyone manage their U18s or do you let the assistant handle it or someone else?

Reason I am asking; I purchased multiple youths that have great potential but they are not being played in the U18 team as often as they should.

Maybe the u18 team has plenty of players already and I think your assistant will let them all play, so maybe releasing the ones with the lowest potential will allow your better players to play more

I did that :) but interesting that nobody is interested to manage both.

I did that many years ago :) started when I found a little duo called Kaka and Robinho in Cm3, my first two ever wonderkids I found, long before I knew of any forums etc online or anything ;)

Developed them into superstars, always a fond memory and a guy named Fabio Paim (sp) he was the first :) from Sporting Lisbon, he had 18 flair and I thought to myself, I am going to make this guy into a world star and true as bob, he developed into one of the best players in the game on that save, along with Robs and Kaks using the techniques I have shared in my threads!

So yes if you are really adamant on getting the best out of the player, otherwise the best thing to do is;

1) tutor him with your best tutor
2) play him for at least 5 minutes every game
3) place him in the first team squad page (not having him in reserves/U18) this makes the player "train" with the seniors
4) loaning him out to the best club for the most exposure at least for a season!

I did that many years ago :) started when I found a little duo called Kaka and Robinho in Cm3, my first two ever wonderkids I found, long before I knew of any forums etc online or anything ;)

Developed them into superstars, always a fond memory and a guy named Fabio Paim (sp) he was the first :) from Sporting Lisbon, he had 18 flair and I thought to myself, I am going to make this guy into a world star and true as bob, he developed into one of the best players in the game on that save, along with Robs and Kaks using the techniques I have shared in my threads!

So yes if you are really adamant on getting the best out of the player, otherwise the best thing to do is;

1) tutor him with your best tutor
2) play him for at least 5 minutes every game
3) place him in the first team squad page (not having him in reserves/U18) this makes the player "train" with the seniors
4) loaning him out to the best club for the most exposure at least for a season!

That is how I got my beast for CB who is 22 and worth £27M but sometimes I feel I can do better with more players if I managed the U18 as well and controlled the flow of players. I think, since I really enjoy playing FM12 without rushing through it, I will manager my U18s next season 2016/2017 since I have 6 worldclass potentials.