Managing Under 21 squad game - has anyone done it?

danny4690

Reaction score
Did a few searched but I can't find any reference to this, apologies if it's a repeat thread.

Has anyone done a game where they exclusively managed their team's U21 squad or U18 squad or both?

I'm wondering if it's even possible. My idea was to hire in a decent Director of Football and Assistant Manager, set up so they're in charge of first team affairs and just go on holiday with first team games.

I'd set up so as manager I was in control of the U21 team and I only deal with transfers/recruitment involving my players.

The idea ultimately would be to get success at u21 level and have those players feed through to the first team - class of 92 type thing.

Obviously you'd need a fairly strong first team squad (if the assistant lost a load of games I'd get sacked) and a chairman/board who supported youth development and put money behind it.

Has anyone done this or anything similar?

I've managed all three squads before, but I haven't holiday'd only first team games. I wouldn't recommend it either, but obviously its up to you... Anyways, I think you could do it by instant result first team or holiday like you said, then just take control of your u21 and u19 teams. Set up staff responsibilities for your Assistant to do most of the work. I don't think you can handle transfers/loans of just your players if you leave responsibilities to your assistant, however.
Goodluck with trying this if you're going to go for it.