Manchester 62 | The Red Devils of Gibraltar

Winters

Reaction score
View attachment 516264

With the new Gibraltar Premier Division drawing near Manchester 62 FC were looking for their manager. Closer and closer the pre-season approached and nobody answered the call to become their new manager, until a rookie manager from Doncaster, England saw a thread on a football website and decided to chance his arm. Unknown manager Martyn Brown was selected and appointed the new manager of Manchester 62 FC on non-contract terms due to the club being of Amateur status.

The aim of the story/save is to make Manchester 62 FC the Manchester United of Gibraltar (Not like the one under David Moyes).

Club History

Gibraltar Premier League, Champions: 1974, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1983, 1994, 1998
Rock Cup: 1973, 1976, 1979, 2002
Pepe Reyes Cup: 2002, 2005

Club Information

Operating Status: Amateur
Nickname: The Red Devils of Manchester
Chairman Status: Loves The Club
Finances: Okay
Estimated Value: ?7k
Stadium: Victoria Stadium, 5000 (2000 Seated)
Training Facilities: Poor
Youth Facilities: Basic

Manchester 62 Kits

View attachment 412759View attachment 412758

Best of luck mate. Very interested to see how you get on. :)

Good luck, I'll be following this one. I've got a soft spot for Gibraltar..

Hope you do well. What database are you playing on?

Update coming shortly.

I am playing on the official one that SI Games brought out when they released the latest patch.

View attachment 517457

Pre-Season Friendlies (2013 - 2014 Season)

Manchester 62 1 - 1 Manchester 62 Reserves
(Ashley Perez)

Simple exercise for both squads so I can get used to the players and see what they can all do before making changes.

---

Lions Pilots 2 - 3 Manchester 62
(Paul Podesta 38, 42) (Jeremy Lopez 45+1)

Another outing to see what the squad can do and with a hard fought win against Lions Pilots from Gilbraltar Division 2 with Paul Podesta getting 2 goals to get us going then Jeremy Lopez finishes it off for the win.

---

Mons Calpe SC 1 - 0 Manchester 62

Difficult pill to swallow in the last game of pre-season with a disappointing loss to this 2nd division side.

---

Transfers (So far)

With pre-season ongoing and done, changes was made due to performances and how they would fit into my squad these were the changes for me to make to make this squad competitive in the league.

In

Brian Perez (AMC/R/L) - Free Transfer from Lincoln (GIB)
Phillip Davitt (STR) - Free Transfer from Lincoln (GIB)
Jordan Perez (GK)- Free Transfer from Lincoln (GIB)
David Smith (DC/DM) - Free Transfer from Britannia XI

---

Out

Kevin de los Santos (GK) - Free Transfer to Olympique 13
Paul Podesta (STR) - Free Transfer to College Europa
Yogen Santos (DL) - Free Transfer to College Pegasus
Matthew Roach (DC) - Free Transfer to College Europa

Last edited:
View attachment 519468

October and November Results (2013 - 2014 Season)

Gibraltar Premier League

Manchester 62 1 - 1 Lincoln (GIB)
(Yogen Santos 27)

Draw against the overwhelming favorites for the title so not a bad start to the season.

---

Gibraltar Premier League

Lions Gibraltar 1 - 3 Manchester 62
(Anthony Bardon pen 52, pen 73) (Phillip Davitt 85)

First win of the season with the luck of the referee but I don't mind as a win is a win.

---

Gibraltar Premier League

Manchester 62 1 - 0 Glacis United
(Anthony Bardon pen 69)

Hard fought win over Glacis United with Anthony Bardon scoring 3 penalties in 2 games. This midfielder is on FIRE!

---

Gibraltar Premier League

St. Joseph's 2 - 2 Manchester 62
(Anthony Bardon pen 16) (Anthony Bardon 37)

3rd win of the season and another game where Anthony Bardon scores but this time not by a penalty.

---

Gibraltar Premier League

College Europa 1 - 2 Manchester 62
(Phillip Davitt 16) (Jorgen Haveland 36)

Another penalty but this time it does not end with a win but with a disappointing draw.

---

League Table (2013 - 2014 Season)

League table at the end of November. Lying in 2nd place 2 points behind Lincoln (GIB) but a long way to go yet.

View attachment 411234

View attachment 519558

December Results (2013 - 2014 Season)

Gibraltar Premier League

Manchester 62 4 - 3 Gibraltar Phoenix
(Jack Sergeant 1) (Brian Perez 22, 49) (Anthony Bardon 75)

Good result but from 4-0 up to 4-3 and was sweating at the end. On the other side Anthony Bordon is keeping up his scoring run with another in this game.

---

Gibraltar Premier League Group 1 (Cup)

College Europa 2 - 5 Manchester 62
(Phillip Davitt 28, 38, 85) (Brian Perez 41) (Anthony Bordon pen 81)

First game of the Gibraltar Premier League Cup and start off with a bang with Anthony Bordon scoring ONCE AGAIN but with Phillip Darvitt stealing the show with a hat-trick.

---

League table at the end of December with only 1 game played and 1 win we are 3 points behind due to 1 game less. Before Lincoln played their game in hand we were back level in points.

View attachment 411214

Gibraltar Premier League (Cup) (2013 - 2014 Season)

1 game in the cup and 1 win, easy start and good result.

View attachment 411213

Nice one mate, can't wait to see how you get on longer term. Keep it up!

Status Update

Updates will be more frequent due to small amount of matches in each month.

Expect most of the updates for the rest of this season tomorrow due to off work and got all day to get stuck in to this save.

Nice one mate, can't wait to see how you get on longer term. Keep it up!

Thanks lad, did a Crusaders save on FM13 off of here and got to Champions League Quarters in 4 seasons with shrewd spending and tactics I made over the whole save. I know if you do things your way once you know how the team plays you will get there.

Thanks lad, did a Crusaders save on FM13 off of here and got to Champions League Quarters in 4 seasons with shrewd spending and tactics I made over the whole save. I know if you do things your way once you know how the team plays you will get there.

That's awesome. I did very similar with Linfield on 13, taking them to the groups and KOs in Europa and eventually CL, but it got boring since no-one else in my league helped drive up the reputation and we sort of Plateau'd. Hopefully we can drive on with Crusaders and see Linfield maybe get to the Europa groups at some stage, that would be awesome.

I've got a question, did Linfield or anyone else have ANY success in Europe at all on your Crusaders save?

That's awesome. I did very similar with Linfield on 13, taking them to the groups and KOs in Europa and eventually CL, but it got boring since no-one else in my league helped drive up the reputation and we sort of Plateau'd. Hopefully we can drive on with Crusaders and see Linfield maybe get to the Europa groups at some stage, that would be awesome.

I've got a question, did Linfield or anyone else have ANY success in Europe at all on your Crusaders save?

No, all get knocked out quite early. As far as I remember the furthest any of them got was Europe League Group Stage and that's it. So same happened with me as in your save, took over the league and no other team would touch me and no drive in the competition in the league.

Remember to take it slow on this FM as more unpredictable with consistency of the players so take your time and don't rush things. I learned this the hard way.

No, all get knocked out quite early. As far as I remember the furthest any of them got was Europe League Group Stage and that's it. So same happened with me as in your save, took over the league and no other team would touch me and no drive in the competition in the league.

Remember to take it slow on this FM as more unpredictable with consistency of the players so take your time and don't rush things. I learned this the hard way.

That's far better than anyone else did on my save, I think I only saw one play-off appearance. Unfortunately the semi-pro teams didn't stand a chance. I bet that group stage appearance with the ?2million kick-started something at least!

I know what you mean mate, I always look to consolidate anyway and not be too ambitious, things do backfire if you set the target too high especially with low quality players.

View attachment 519714

December Results (2013 - 2014 Season)

Gibraltar Premier League Group A

Manchester 62 0 - 0 St. Joseph's

Complete bore of a game really even though we dominated through out we just couldn't get shots on target to get that goal.

---

Gibraltar Premier League

Manchester 62 3 - 2 Lions Gibraltar
(Anthony Bardon pen 7) (Phillip Darvitt 14) (Brian Perez 31)

First real tough game of the season in the league and just came out with the win to keep pressure on Lincoln (GIB).

---

Gibraltar Premier League Group A

Manchester 62 2 - 3 Lions Gibraltar
(Ashley Perez 36) (Lython Marquez 58)

First loss of the season but in the cup which makes it better than in the league but a loss is a loss and I know the team will want to bounce back.

---

Rock Cup 2nd Round

St. Joseph's 0 - 2 Manchester 62
(David Smith 79) (Jack Sergeant 90)

Just as I expected the result is perfect after the disappointing loss in the cup with a clean sheet and a convincing win in the Rock Cup 2nd Round.

---

League table at the end of December with only 1 game played and 1 win we are 3 points behind due to 1 game less. Before Lincoln played their game in hand we were back level in points.

View attachment 411149