Manchester City 0-3 Arsenal: red card holds back City, but Arsenal impress in importa

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 2K
Im not starting arguments just a bit of banter. I've learnt my lesson from the other night, fair to say i came out on the bottom there.

my comment wasnt to you specifically, but to all above

very good game today, the red card was down to inexperience, and Arsenal deserved to win :)

Gareth Barry and Wayne Bridge are sad excuses for footballers. The red card didnt help but the better team won on the day. Congratulations

Gareth Barry and Wayne Bridge are sad excuses for footballers. The red card didnt help but the better team won on the day. Congratulations
gareth barry, urgh average player, cannot see what he brings to man city. he doesnt even get his passing right

Wrong decision for Barry to Move, was so good at Aston. Not the same at city

Djourou's instability in defence is what worried me. At times, the Arsenal defence looked solid, with Squillaci, Clichy and Sagna. But Djourou, tbh, got skinned.

Luckily, Fabianski was on his game to deny multiple chances by City. Especially the cross into the box by Carlos Tevez, only for David Silva to narrowly miss putting it in the bottom corner of the net. If Fabianski can stay on-form for Arsenal throughout this season, it will put to bed the need of getting Fulham's goalkeeper, Mark Schwarzer.

Good game, and Arsenal have justified their chances of winning silverware this season with this comforting win.

Djourou's instability in defence is what worried me. At times, the Arsenal defence looked solid, with Squillaci, Clichy and Sagna. But Djourou, tbh, got skinned.

Luckily, Fabianski was on his game to deny multiple chances by City. Especially the cross into the box by Carlos Tevez, only for David Silva to narrowly miss putting it in the bottom corner of the net. If Fabianski can stay on-form for Arsenal throughout this season, it will put to bed the need of getting Fulham's goalkeeper, Mark Schwarzer.

Good game, and Arsenal have justified their chances of winning silverware this season with this comforting win.

Off topic I know, but I had a dream that Schwarzer went to Liverpool XD

Back on topic: And i completely agree, Djourou was shocking, so weak in the challenge, and his decision making was poor too, diving into challenges too early with Tevez, who used his pace and skill to go past him with ease, then he cleared it against Squillaci's shins, and made one decent tackle all game. He has to improve before he can even dream of keeping Vermaelen or Koscielny out of the side.

Fabianski was awesome, I really hope he can continue like this, but we still need another keeper, Vito is on loan, Wolciech is inexperienced, and Almunia, well, he's just awful.. Fabianski needs competition, it's probably why he's been doing so well, the desire to impress in the absence of Manuel and keep him out of the side, even when he's fit. Apparently Reina has demanded showdown talks with the new owners, and Arsenal have been alerted.... But £20m wouldn't be realistic.

Great win against good opposition, away from home, credit to the way Citeh played before the second, with 10 men, but all in all, I think it was fair, we could have had more, but of course the game changed as soon as Boyata was sent off.

Back