Manchester City 1-0 Chelsea: Tevez wins it

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K
How just how you know nothing about me??? Capello is getting slated because he struggles with the language so what is it one rule for Tevez and another for Capello???

Capello's the manager of England, although I don't particularly recall him getting slated apart from in the Sun.

sigh, clearly tevez's english is good enough for his team mates to understand him and vice versa, dont see shy its sickening at all.

cant we just talk about the game?

yer your right i haven't but 5YEARS we are talking about come on!!!!

I had been learning french for 5 years and can barely speak it, proberbly because my teacher was **** but still. capallo the national team manager and can't speak much

Poor match in the end and it all came down to who could put the ball in the back of the net and hold on.

Quite an achievement to beat Chelsea three times in a row which should be recognised.

Poor match in the end and it all came down to who could put the ball in the back of the net and hold on.

Quite an achievement to beat Chelsea three times in a row which should be recognised.
the goal itself was very well taken, silva stayed wide so terry couldnt come across, leaving cole sideways on to tevez, who just picked his spot and hammered it low through cole

the goal itself was very well taken, silva stayed wide so terry couldnt come across, leaving cole sideways on to tevez, who just picked his spot and hammered it low through cole

Silva's finding his feet, and considering his phenomenal talent this is not a good thing for the rest of the league.

Well, I heard Silva was very sound defensively. He'll take his time but he'll come good for City in the end.

Silva's finding his feet, and considering his phenomenal talent this is not a good thing for the rest of the league.
agreed, shaping up very well. despite what some people say, hes definitely physically suited to the league, and his tracking back today was very very good

Well, I heard Silva was very sound defensively. He'll take his time but he'll come good for City in the end.

agreed, shaping up very well. despite what some people say, hes definitely physically suited to the league, and his tracking back today was very very good

Well, he's got superb attacking talents, and if defensively he's disciplined then there's no other winger in City's squad that can hold a candle to him.

Well, he's got superb attacking talents, and if defensively he's disciplined then there's no other winger in City's squad that can hold a candle to him.

Wonder if they'll be able to fit Milner in if he carries on as such.

Wonder if they'll be able to fit Milner in if he carries on as such.
i'd start milner on one side, silva on the other. milner was very good as well, caused all sorts of problems as a non stop runner,

i'd start milner on one side, silva on the other. milner was very good as well, caused all sorts of problems as a non stop runner,

Yes, that would work.

I don't think City can or will be a big threat to the likes of Chelsea/Manchester United this season, but if they hold back on the signings next season, then I think they will be sure-fire favourites to win the league.

Yes, that would work.

I don't think City can or will be a big threat to the likes of Chelsea/Manchester United this season, but if they hold back on the signings next season, then I think they will be sure-fire favourites to win the league.
if they can find the consistency they can be a danger. on the counter they are great. its when they are asked to go out and control a game that they can be somewhat lacking

Of course that poses the question: what do you do with Adam Johnson?

Unless they move Milner or Silva central, play AJ on the right and Silva/Milner on the left, there is no way to accomodate all three without a formation change.

if they can find the consistency they can be a danger. on the counter they are great. its when they are asked to go out and control a game that they can be somewhat lacking

Yes, definitely. If Mancini can get Yaya Toure and Barry to hold the ball up more often, then they have easily got a title winning side on their hands.

Consistency wise:

Tottenham 0-0 Man City
Man City 3-0 Liverpool
Sunderland 1-0 Man City
Man City 1-1 Blackburn
Wigan 0-2 Man City
Man City 1-0 Chelsea

Along with wins in the Europa League and the loss to West Brom in the Carling Cup. If they want to win the title, drawing to Blackburn at home and losing to Sunderland, will not be acceptable.

Of course that poses the question: what do you do with Adam Johnson?

Unless they move Milner or Silva central, play AJ on the right and Silva/Milner on the left, there is no way to accomodate all three without a formation change.
i'd bring silva central, but leave it fluid across the three, two from de jong, barry, toure patrolling the midfield

i'd bring silva central, but leave it fluid across the three, two from de jong, barry, toure patrolling the midfield

I'd agree with you on that, except I'd change to a 4-2-3-1 with De Jong as the deepest player, and Toure/Barry slightly further up distributing. Silva in the middle behind Tevez, with those two swapping occasionally, and Milner and Johnson on the wings. Have a fluid front four, all four of them versatile players good at off the ball movement, with Toure and De Jong much more disciplined. IMO, the best use of their resources available.

Last edited:
Back