Manchester City - 1st Season + First time Managing

DeadlyBasset

Oct 21, 2015
Hello, I've been an FM player for a long time (dating back to 07), but never had the urge to be City, me and my friends are starting up a network game this weekend, with the edited data to allow the players who were brought over the summer into the relevant squads. So I will have Sterling, De Bruyne etc, my question is what the **** should I do to a squad already so good? What tactics? Formation? Being an Arsenal fan I always played with them using 4-2-3-1 but I'm sure there will be a better way to the goal with City? Any ideas are more than welcome, thanks.

natashawilona

Oct 21, 2015
Hello, I've been an FM player for a long time (dating back to 07), but never had the urge to be City, me and my friends are starting up a network game this weekend, with the edited data to allow the players who were brought over the summer into the relevant squads. So I will have Sterling, De Bruyne etc, my question is what the **** should I do to a squad already so good? What tactics? Formation? Being an Arsenal fan I always played with them using 4-2-3-1 but I'm sure there will be a better way to the goal with City? Any ideas are more than welcome, thanks.
i think you can buy paul fogba

xtremeRED

Nov 24, 2014
Upgrade over Kolarov: Ricardo Rodriguez, Criscito, Digne, Kurzawa, David Alaba..

Could sell either of Fernando or Fernandinho, and replace with a better CM: Javi Martinez, Busquets, Pjanic, Modric, Aranguiz..

Also, Navas is someone you could look to sell and bring in someone else: Thomas Muller, Reus, Gotze..

And the best formation would be 4-2-3-1... 3 AM's, and 2 being either DM's or CM's..

DeadlyBasset

Oct 21, 2015
Was definitely thinking about Rodriguez, assist machine from LB. Pogba was also on my list, but then im stuck what formation to play with the attacking players I have

SLB4everPT

Mar 3, 2014
Like RED said, 4-2-3-1 Narrow, now if you get better full-backs, play them as WB or CWB, they'll provide your width, and use DMs on the midfield to cover their attacking proneness (a DM/Anchor, and DLP/RPM to link your defence to your offense) and the 3 AMs should be: Trequartista (Silva/Nasri), SS (Agüero), AM/AP (Sterling/KDB), not sure about their stats and if they fit into the roles, but that should be your tactic. I also don't know how much money you have, but if you sell a few players you can probably get a very good DM (Romero is a cheap option, but you may want an already developed player).