Manchester City Board Take Over

marcMCFC1986

Reaction score
So I'm in my 10th season with Manchester City, won everything countless times over, got an awesome squad etc.

However, a news item came up saying the board are looking to sell, and are in talks with a consortium led by former footballer Jason Roberts and an announcement is expected in a few days. Then it says there has been a breakdown in talks, then a a break through, then a breakdown etc. This has been going on for 5 months (game time) now, and there is a restriction on transfers.

Just wondering if anybody has experienced a board take over and how long it actually took? And, in particular, if any one has experienced a board take over at Manchester City!? Whilst I appreciate that I'm sure Jason Roberts has more money than me, I'm not sure he will be investing quite as heavily into the club, so should I prepare myself for a Portsmouth/Leeds style crash, or would the club be self sufficient now?

I think thats the game telling you its time to move on to a new challenge lol

Haha I won't be moving onto anything until we have won more premier league titles than Man Utd!!

And my little side mission, to win the league with an all English side!

Nothing much seems to be happening, I reckon if I don't win the league they might give me the boot though! Also be interested to see what kind of transfer funds I get in summer!

I'll keep you updated if anything interesting happens!

Anything new?

More interesting than one of those fan fiction stories people post on here, LOL

Nothing at present!

I won the league, and spent £70mill on an English striker from Liverpool, left me with £20 million transfer budget, but dont actually need anybody else. I expect that over the coming seasons I may have to sell some of my star players to balance the books, but luckily I've spent the last 3-4 years buying all the best youth players, so as I sell one of the stars I'll hopefully be able to replace him with a youngster to develop into a world class player!

Just depends whether the chairman starts selling players behind my back, then it'll get frustrating!

Nothing at present!

I won the league, and spent £70mill on an English striker from Liverpool, left me with £20 million transfer budget, but dont actually need anybody else. I expect that over the coming seasons I may have to sell some of my star players to balance the books, but luckily I've spent the last 3-4 years buying all the best youth players, so as I sell one of the stars I'll hopefully be able to replace him with a youngster to develop into a world class player!

Just depends whether the chairman starts selling players behind my back, then it'll get frustrating!
Can we see a picture of your team

Has the media mentioned any more about you losing your job?

also what's your Job Security shown as? Looks as if you might be safe now :)

No more mention in the media of my job security, so yes it looks like I'm safe - just got a tough few seasons ahead to manage the squad when I will undoubtedly have to sell some of my best players!

Attached is a picture of my current squad. A lot of them are re-gens, but you can probably tell by the value of the players that I have some of the best players in the world at present - I think one of my players has won Ballon D'Or every year for the last 4-5 years.

View attachment 297189 View attachment 297188

Also, attached are screen shots of Lukaku's record each season - 267 goals in 7 seasons in all competitions makes him pretty special, and also City's all time leading League goalscorer, smashing Aguero's record of 159 league goals! Obviously the player history overview only shows league goals, so I've done a screenshot of every season so you can see at the bottom the total goals scored in all comps!

Who is your best striker in FM15? Does his record compare to this?

View attachment 297187 View attachment 297186 View attachment 297185 View attachment 297184 View attachment 297183 View attachment 297182 View attachment 297181

Quick Update - Requested the board improve the training and youth facilities, they rejected both, saying they can't afford to upgrade the training facilities, and don't see youth facilities as important!

Looking good for the future...

To be honest I'm quite up for the challenge of trying to keep the club afloat.

I reckon it will take a few seasons for us to really start to struggle in matches, but 8 months till FM16 comes out so plenty of time to keep going and see what happens!

All my best players are now wanted by Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid, Chelsea etc. so the big guns are starting to sniff around!

Back