Manchester City Board Take Over

Quick Update - Requested the board improve the training and youth facilities, they rejected both, saying they can't afford to upgrade the training facilities, and don't see youth facilities as important!

Looking good for the future...
10 seasons is not enough to upgrade the facilities to the maximum? Or did you forgot about it?

No it always was at the maximum, but on the news feed it said due to technological advances the facilities no longer are what they used to be etc. The old board used to upgrade them straight away...Jason Roberts isn't so keen!

View attachment 295908View attachment 295907

So I won the League, Carling Cup & FA Cup...and now in summer transfer bids for my best players are coming in, a couple of examples attached.

I haven't accepted any, and got no pressure from the board or the players themselves to accept, but I reckon over the next season or two there will be a few problems!

You are doing ok now but once those top players start getting to old you will have problems getting rid of them, however, even if you don't have top youth training there will always be players you can sell to keep money flowing in they may not bring in millions but a few hundred thousand for a player who won't make the first team is better than a free. Once you get over the next few seasons and manage to stay in post you should be able to rebuild.

UPDATE: End of the season, won the League again (10 in a row now), however things don't look so rosy for the future...(see screenshots below)

View attachment 294386View attachment 294385View attachment 294384View attachment 294383

Obviously, the best players have come to me saying they want to leave to play Champions League Football, and I can't exactly promise them that we will be in it in the near future as I can't see us meeting FFP regulations!

if you want to start trying to turn a profit again ,I think you will need to start selling some of your bigger players and bring in the young

They will be back with another bid within a year I reckon probably just before the transfer window opens just to irritate you.

Ive just read through all this, been an interesting few years lol.
I guess youve been splashing the cash most seasons? Cant believe you spent that sort of cash on the liverpool striker, looks like those days are over for a while espec woth that £200m loan to pay back.
Should of kept a closer eye on the finances, but good luck turning it round,
Keep us informed and would be great to see you over take united as team with most premier league wins, try catch real madrid's 10 champions league wins ;-)

Back