Manchester City reveal £121m loss

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 1K
you do realise that doesn't include any transfers or the wages of their new signings

you do realise that doesn't include any transfers or the wages of their new signings

This must be really worrying.

City really need to stop spending, at least ridiculous amounts like £18m for Jo. It was a massive rip-off, if it was for Lukaku then that would be ok as he is quite good, but Jo? He is a good player, but for £18m it was absolutely ridiculous! Anyway, I think they will finish 3rd or 4th this season, definitely Europe, probably Champions League.

City really need to stop spending, at least ridiculous amounts like £18m for Jo. It was a massive rip-off, if it was for Lukaku then that would be ok as he is quite good, but Jo? He is a good player, but for £18m it was absolutely ridiculous! Anyway, I think they will finish 3rd or 4th this season, definitely Europe, probably Champions League.

Even if they stop spending, i dont know how they make up for the massive wages.

No bias, jealousy but i think they are/will be in trouble if they dont cut down the wages. According to Financial fair play they cant spend more than 70% of revenue on wages, incase if they did, then they wont be allowed to compete in European competitions. It would be even hard for them to attract top players without european competition.

this is all raises the question imo;
wtf happens to city when their Sheikh decides he's bored.

there ******...

i agree that this is proberly the main of their spending done. They may like Chelsea buy a big player every season or two but i think they will try and break even like Chelsea have basicly done.

Back