Manchester City stealing all my signings

• Thread starter Thread starter England66
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3K

England66

Reaction score
I'm currently going into my second season at United, and it just seems like any time I target a player, I get a bid accepted and then City come in last minute and offer ridiculous wages which I can't compete with. Any tips on signing these big players without paying stupid wages. For example, I had a bid accepted for Gareth Bale for 40m so offered him a match highest earner clause and he accepted. Next week comes round and he goes City where they are paying him 280k a week, which I obviously cannot match. It just seems like I can't compete with the really rich clubs. Surely it is a case of some players want trophies over money. I would have thought this the case after smashing everything last season and City came 4th.

Can you deny a signing after it's already been started? maybe you should just start bidding on everyone and anyone, and then letting the deal fall through... donno how that'll affect your squad though lol

Can you deny a signing after it's already been started? maybe you should just start bidding on everyone and anyone, and then letting the deal fall through... donno how that'll affect your squad though lol

Think that would affect morale of the squad but what I'm doing now is waiting for all signings to be made so they have no budget left then unsettling who I want haha.

Seems to me the game is hard coded with top teams always being top teams regardless of results.
It don't matter that Arsenal have never beaten my Spurs side in 3 years (since I took charge), I'm always the under-dog and according the press conferance questioning I'm the one under pressure to mastermind a win.
A similar to you I won the Premier League, Capitol one, F.A Cup, Europa League and been a Champions League Semi finalist.

And still players want to sign for clubs in my division that haven't won anything rather than sign for a proven & genuine contender.

Coming up to Xmas in my second season I spent a lot of time seducing Lewandowski until I was his favourite person by the start of December.

I hoped that would be enough to give me the edge even though he was only partially interested in my Spurs team.

Coming up to the end of January and with a lot of clubs circling him I thought I could make an upfront cash offer for him and see if I could steal him before the free for all.

Unfortunately Chelsea and Real called my bluff and lodged £33 million bids for a man they could have for free 6 months later.

I matched it nevertheless and offered him ridiculous money (€185k p/w with maxed out bonuses for everything) but he still chose Chelsea.

Part of me is ****** that the stole the player I'd been seducing a that the previous seasons treble wasn't enough to convince him I was a good team to join.

The other part is delighted that I managed to get Chelsea to blow £33 million needlessly!

Though the added fire power the now have wont help my try and claw back the 5 point lead they have over me!

Coming up to Xmas in my second season I spent a lot of time seducing Lewandowski until I was his favourite person by the start of December.

I hoped that would be enough to give me the edge even though he was only partially interested in my Spurs team.

Coming up to the end of January and with a lot of clubs circling him I thought I could make an upfront cash offer for him and see if I could steal him before the free for all.

Unfortunately Chelsea and Real called my bluff and lodged £33 million bids for a man they could have for free 6 months later.

I matched it nevertheless and offered him ridiculous money (€185k p/w with maxed out bonuses for everything) but he still chose Chelsea.

Part of me is ****** that the stole the player I'd been seducing a that the previous seasons treble wasn't enough to convince him I was a good team to join.

The other part is delighted that I managed to get Chelsea to blow £33 million needlessly!

Though the added fire power the now have wont help my try and claw back the 5 point lead they have over me!

Lewa always goes to Chelsea, no idea why...

Buy LEANDRO DAMIAO instead he's almost as good.

You know, just smashes them in, goal a game striker right there.

I toyed with buying him for FIORE in my 3rd season decided not to and regretted it as he joined JUVE instead where he formed a lethal front 3 of a 343 with LLORENTE and TEVEZ and won SERIE A by 4 points from me!

I toyed with buying him for FIORE in my 3rd season decided not to and regretted it as he joined JUVE instead where he formed a lethal front 3 of a 343 with LLORENTE and TEVEZ and won SERIE A by 4 points from me!

Fair enough, I generally play PL and just bought bale 44m on LFCMarshall update. He is good player statwise but starting to regret it, no generally play just runs and shoots. Means the last 2 games had no CCC's.

Fair enough, I generally play PL and just bought bale 44m on LFCMarshall update. He is good player statwise but starting to regret it, no generally play just runs and shoots. Means the last 2 games had no CCC's.

Which is a lot of what he does in real life.

I've used him a lot as a winger or inside forward and he's very effective in those roles.

You need somebody else to act as playmaker though.

Don't know if you did that, but ALWAYS after making an offer remove the player from your shortlist, just before you click 'continue'.

Buy LEANDRO DAMIAO instead he's almost as good.

The hope was to get Lewa for free or at least on the cheap.

Thinking of restarting my spurs save after tonight any way. The prospect of starting off with Lamela and Eriksen is pricing hard to resist.

Which is a lot of what he does in real life.

I've used him a lot as a winger or inside forward and he's very effective in those roles.

You need somebody else to act as playmaker though.

I have a few playmakers in the ranks but seem to be struggling to break down sides and the ball goes out left and literally shot after shot goes wide, he seems to do nothing but shoot, I wouldn't mind if there was nothing on but when their is a through ball on to RVP one on one with the gk I expect him to make it.

Back