Manchester City v Arsenal Match Thread (Sunday)

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 195
  • Views Views 8K

Winners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calum

Reaction score
200px-Manchester_City.svg.png
200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png

When ? 24/10/2010
Where? City Of Manchester Stadium, Manchester
Kickoff? 16.00
Channel? Sky Sports 1 (401)
Competition? Barclays Premier League
Prediction? 1-1
Score Last Time? 4-2 Man City

Arsenal Team News
Arsenal's Bacary Sagna returns after injury, but fellow defender Laurent Koscielny is unlikely to recover from a back problem in time to play.
Midfielder Jack Wilshere is suspended, but captain Cesc Fabregas is fit.
Arsenal
Suspended: Wilshere (three matches)
Doubtful: Koscielny (back)
Injured: Almunia (elbow), Frimpong (knee), Ramsey (broken leg), Van Persie (ankle), Vermaelen (Achilles)

Man City Team News
Fit-again Manchester City forward Mario Balotelli could be on the bench, but left-back Aleksandar Kolarov will not feature despite returning to training.
City will assess former Arsenal defender Kolo Toure, who is nursing a hamstring problem.

Manchester City
Doubtful: Balotelli (knee), Jo (ankle), K Toure (hamstring)
Injured: Kolarov & Nimely (both ankle)

Match Preview
Emmanuel Adebayor hogged the headlines in this fixture last season, running the length of the field to taunt Arsenal fans after scoring in a 4-2 win against his old club. Just for good measure, he also stamped on former team-mate Robin van Persie.
Adebayor's City career has gone off the boil since then, although his impressive hat-trick against Lech Poznan on Thursday suggests he may have turned the corner.
The striker has been overshadowed by Carlos Tevez, who has emerged as the club's talisman, scoring in 18 of their last 19 Premier League victories. Ineffective playing off Adebayor at Blackpool, Tevez burst into life when his strike partner was substituted, allowing the Argentine to play as a lone forward. Roberto Mancini says "it is normal for my teams to play with two strikers", but Tevez and Adebayor have rarely gelled.
The priority for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is obvious - keep Tevez quiet and City's goal threat diminishes dramatically. That is easier said than done, however.
Three weeks ago the Gunners took on Chelsea but were once again unable to stop Blues dangerman Didier Drogba. Wenger's task is made all the harder by the continued absence of his best centre-back, Thomas Vermaelen.

Last edited:
Arsenal to win, 1-2 I reckon. Tight game with not too many chances, Arsenal keeping possession and City trying to muscle them off the ball.

dont think we will win 1-1 will be the best score we could get

do you think adebayor will score?

I personally don't think we'll win this match, 2-0 Manchester City.

Man City to win 1-0, narrowly, with Adebayor scoring :)

Arsenal to nick it. Hope Fabregas plays a blinder.

This game wil lbe epic... i predict a win for City, but the score will be like 3-2....

It will be a tight game with few chances but I can see Arsenal nicking it after their impressive performance against Shakhtar and tbh Adebayor scored a hat-trick against some **** team and that is a lot of difference from scoring against Arsenal

Nice info Calum

Prediction 2-2

Fabregas , Chamakh
Tevez x2

1-1 i predict...

arsenal to make bright start and score through Arshavin, also missing a couple of other chances. eventually City get over their slow start and dominate, and equalise just after half time, Tevez or Adebayor to score.

Why have you created the thread so early...? -.-

On-topic. 3-1.

I don't really know what to expect about this game.

Cesc hopefully will play his best match so far as thats the only way we will win i think

Praying for another legendary Adebayor celebration if he scores...

I think it depends who City start with because Silva changed the game when he came on last week but Arsenal are a totally different team to Blackpool but if i had to take a guess I would go for a Man City win, unsure of score though.

I think we can win this one: OK it's away - and it's against a team we have generally struggled against, but Citeh are yet to entirely convince me, even against Chelsea they didn't really deserve the win.. We have to be at our very best though, and having Cesc back is a huge lift. (Any news on whether RVP will be on the bench/starting? He's meant to be back by mid-oct...)

1-2

Back