Manchester City v Arsenal Match Thread (Sunday)

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 195
  • Views Views 8K

Winners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we can win this one: OK it's away - and it's against a team we have generally struggled against, but Citeh are yet to entirely convince me, even against Chelsea they didn't really deserve the win.. We have to be at our very best though, and having Cesc back is a huge lift. (Any news on whether RVP will be on the bench/starting? He's meant to be back by mid-oct...)

1-2

Robin van Persie (Ankle)
Last Updated: 21 October
Robin injured his ankle against Blackburn Rovers on August 28 and Arsene Wenger has since admitted it may be longer than originally expected before Robin can return to action. On October 21, before the Premier League game against Manchester City, Wenger again ruled out the Dutchman who is not expected to be fit until November

I think your comment is unfair Joss, we have been good so far this season.....
Anyway i think we will win 2-0, with goals from tevez and yaya toure

Arsenal to dominate possession, but their final ball will let them down. City to overpower them, and hit them on the break. Same old same old.

3-1 City.

I'am an Arsenal fan, but i think M.City will win.
Also JDY say's, Arsenal will be the team with possession, nice game, but city with goals.
Hope all i say will be wrong, and Wegner team will win.

I can only see a City win tbh.

2-0 or 2-1/

I think City will win this one and win well. 3-0 i am going for. Adebayor to get the 3rd late on.

Msge for Billy > You are a Spurs fan yet you have a Man Utd badge on your profile........

Gawd-damnit, I've missed Arsenal/Chelsea this year, now going to miss this to watch some ****** Hodgson football at 'Pool D:

Hope Arsenal stuff them.

I think City will win this one and win well. 3-0 i am going for. Adebayor to get the 3rd late on.

Msge for Billy > You are a Spurs fan yet you have a Man Utd badge on your profile........
because that's Spurs next fixture, they are coming to Old Trafford

Adebayor deserves a start. He scored goals last season, and if he gets a start he'll continue to do the same.

That said, if they play 442, Arsenal could boss 'em. Poor Mancini, he's got too many good players.

Arsenal to dominate possession, but their final ball will let them down. City to overpower them, and hit them on the break. Same old same old.

3-1 City.

This.

Our midfield can't compete with the strength of De Jong, Yaya Toure & Barry imo, we'll have to start very well and Fabianski needs to be on top form, which is always a worrying requirement...

This.

Our midfield can't compete with the strength of De Jong, Yaya Toure & Barry imo, we'll have to start very well and Fabianski needs to be on top form, which is always a worrying requirement...

Not the way he's been playing recently!

Wenger has said somewhere that 79% of the time, when you're playing the "big" teams, the team who scores first won't lose -

'I'm not against defence,' he said, 'but most of the big, big games are not decided by defence, they are decided by the first goal. At the top level, with teams who are more or less of the same standard, a team who score first will win 62 per cent of the time ... and 17 per cent of times, the team who score first get a draw. So 79 per cent of times, if you score first you don't lose in a big game. But when you concede the first goal you have to change your games and attack.

cant wait for this game

the team i expect is

Fabianski

Sagna
Squilaci
Djourou
Clichy

Fabregas
Song
Nasri

Walcott
Chamakh
Arshavin

I think Arsenal will nick it. Again it all depends on Fabregas.

Song, Fabregas, Nasri Vs Yaya, De Jong, Barry. oO)

Back