Manchester City v Aston Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 1K
i predcited 3-1 ******,

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

That 3-1 looks alright now.

Dear lord, from the time it took me to turn my laptop off, come downstairs and go on the PC Man ****** had scored 2 goals. Hoping for a 3-1 win so I at least get 2 points.

Fulop still ooks pretty clue less though, i think Neilson will be playing against spurs woteva at this rate,

That last goal put me up to 4th in the Seasonal rankings on the site. Thank you Bellamy :) I got no 0 pointers today.

Well done City, can't wait for City vs Spurs now. ^^)

Why do Villa even bother? This season they were in the Europa League and they went out straight away anyway because they kept resting players for the league. Hope they have fun fielding a secong team in the Europa League again next season.

It was ridiculous when O'Neill fielded a weak team in the UEFA cup especially because they ended up qualifying for the Europa anyways. It was idiocy.

I was hoping for a draw. But still, a good win for City.

^ Lads its fineee let em keep doing it :)

its much better that way :P

Draw was my wish, though I'd have taken a Villa win.

This is not what I wanted. :( Guess we need to get something at Eastlands.

the midweek game should be a cracker now.. was hoping villa would win but their defence was *****

Why do Villa even bother? This season they were in the Europa League and they went out straight away anyway because they kept resting players for the league. Hope they have fun fielding a secong team in the Europa League again next season.

If you lose or draw to Tottenham then we've had a much better season than Man City, Final of the Carling Cup, Semi-Final of the FA Cup and battled for fourth until this weekend and now we're garanteed Europa League football next season. I think O'Niel was concentrating on the League and Cups this season and in a way it's paid off. I'd like to see us do a Fulham next season as I don't think we'll get foruth but this season hasn't been a fail at all.

Martin O'Neill is a very good manager but I'm sorry to say I disagree. They did very well in the domestic cups but it don't mean jack really. Villa are qualified for the Europa yeah, but I mean they threw it away last time so effectively they are exactly the same as they were last year.

I don't think they will progress too much as O'Neill's scouting network only stretches as far as Scotland.

Well if were bringing up old threads, we were the better team, villa took the wrong apparoach by sitting back after they scored with the exception of that carew chance, you dont sit back against people like bellamy, tevez and adam johnson, villas own fault yesterday, we will beat tottenham and take 4th

Aston Villas aim at the start of this season, stated by all local press, and their fans was to steal fourth or fifth. I would say thats a fail!

And so what if Oneill put energy into the cups, did they win one?

I totally agree with Deano!!

And Villa are also reportedly very weak in the finance department for next season, as they plan to redevelop the doug ellis stand in the next year or so.

I would expect to see the same aston villa next year, unless they cant hold on to some players from bigger clubs i.e. Milner!
or maybe steal a couple of free transfers

Back